ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long do 1.2's go for?

F56 MINI Cooper S
As per title really, mileage wise. My 02 1.2 clio is now on 77k and was just wondering how long they keep going for? Anyone on here running alot of miles on a 1.2? I know dci's and sports are good for this mileage as the engines are stronger etc, but what about 1.2s?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
If it's well looked after I'd say 100k before it starts going horribly long. That's what I hope to get out of mine anyway. It's 11 years old but only covered 70,000.

Turbos.
I personally think it would go on forever as long as you serviced it. Its the other parts you have to worry about wearing out.

Turbos.
Suspension gets knackered past 50k, then there is the steering rack and other steering bits, brake master cylinders get leaky, anything that moves basically...

Static Low
Martins old 1.2 had something close to 150,000 miles on his im sure.

Mines is on 64,000 just now

but should be getting a conversion soon anyway soo not all that worried yet

Slooooow Ass 1.2
This is a good little read due to my 51 plate 1.2 only being on 45,000 so hopefully this will give me some insight into the future aswell

one of my mates had a mk1 1.2 that saw 125,000 and then he scrapped it a few years back now

Clio
My 1.2 just passed 160 000km this weekend, still going strong! No dangerous sounds or acting up.. Roadtrip planned this weekend :)

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
boy at works got one with 150,000 only had to do the headgasket. on original box aswell i think

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
some of these mileage i hear sounds good as i might be buyin a 1.2 soon as im 17 in a week or so, ive seen quite a few around the 50k to 70k barrier and priced around about 1700, thanks for info in this anyways

Nimbus 197
ANY modern car should hit 150K if driven normally without problems, but not many 1.2 owners drive them normally ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine was perfect at 130k and 4yrs old when i bought it, my box shat out its diff at 140k and the engine went bang at 145k it was running about 85bhp and got death every day though lol, i put a 50k engine in it, gave it death for 6 months and punted it and it still goes about to this day lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd expect pretty much all cars to do atleast 200k if serviced properly and not abused.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
My mk1 is at 135,000 miles on a 8v 1.2 engine, and it gets driven hard. Still going strong

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
it depends completely on how its driven and serviced!

mines on 80k, could use aux belts changing, and a new powersteering bump, but still goes strong