ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How heavy is Petrol

tiTTy & SV650

1 litre of water = 1kg as the density of water is 1000kg per metre cubed, petrol is 74% the density of water :oops:

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Simf40 on 29 August 2005

how heavy is a spare wheel then? 185/55 hr15 steel not alloy,
lol i cant google the volume and density of that, go weigh it

Quote: Originally posted by Simf40 on 29 August 2005

how heavy is a spare wheel then? 185/55 hr15 steel not alloy,
why give us a tyre size?

surely a displacement mass would be better.

V70 d5 beast

yea excuses wish i had an excuse not to go to work 2morrow dont get a job in a renault garage lol

tiTTy & SV650

count yourself lucky, not a banlk holiday for scotland today so i was at work wandering why no suppliers were responding to my emails lol

y0z, Im afraid stripping out the petrol wont make you faster. :(

Not like seats/dash/carpet etc.. :D

Renaultsport 220T

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 29 August 2005
ie how heavy is 40 litres of Unleaded?

/y0z

Ah, but is that 95 or 98 RON?

PMSL :D

the plastic tank is quite light and best of all, its low down....placing the tank in the car raises the CoG.

just food for thought.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 30 August 2005
the plastic tank is quite light and best of all, its low down....placing the tank in the car raises the CoG. just food for thought.

i was thinking about using the existing tank cavity for the replacement if that makes sense.

Largerlout - good plan - drink more bubbles LOL

/y0z

VaVa

BenR, your lazy....

In fact, if you get ben to do some manifold magic and some head work, that may save a few grams and add some power!!

tiTTy & SV650

a ton is 1000kg therefore a ton of anything is the same weight as a ton of anything else.

what came first the chicken or the egg?

If a tree falls in the woods and nobodys there to hear it, does it make a noise?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 30 August 2005

what weighs the most ..... a ton of water or a ton of petrol ??
both weigh the same but youd have 1350 litres of petrol and only 1000 litres of water

I was thinking about getting a 100 litre alloy tank fabd so that I get a longer range and can either fill-up when I find Optimax or avoid paying £1.10 per litre on the mway.