ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How hard do you smack it?

Clio MK2 Phase 2 16v
Hi

im trying to fit the rs grill to my clio 1.2, without removing the bumper.

ive read and watch ed a few ways how to remove it, and the main point is to smack it and the corners to get it out.

now that's fair enough, but I don't want to be smashing the front of the car in, and break anything, as it set in there pretty dam hard/stiff.

So has anyone else done this, and have any advice of smacking it.

thanks!!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at this thread... I expected something different ;)

i replaced the grill on my girlfriends mk2 yesterday and there is absolutely no need for any smacking. Undo the two plastic clips/screws on the top on the grill, slide your hand down the back of the grill and undo all of the clips on each side whilst gently pushing from the outside with your other hand.

once you've undo one or two the rest are easy. :)

Clio MK2 Phase 2 16v
Cheers dan

so I can feel the clips behind the current grill I just didn't know how to clip them away, I'll have another go this afternoon!

i'll try not to smack the s**t out of it either.

mike B

Clio MK2 Phase 2 16v
At last managed to get it off, ruined the original grill snapped in a few places, didn't snapped any of the important clips though on the bumper, but what the hell. Got at the clips easy enough and the rs one slotted in nice and easy. Looks spot on, just used the 3M headlight restore kit, looks good all round.

thanks all for the advice!