ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy to fit new brake discs and pads?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
cant re use rear bearings, and those ebay disks wont ahve the abs rings fiited, so you would have to swap them over on a bench.

rear bearings about £20 a side for drivemaster units, thewn a garage would hafve to press them into the new disk

use normal renault pads and disks for the rear, they do feck all anyways

if you just want new rear disks and pads with the bearings and abs rings fitted, then GDI sell the renault ones for £150iirc.

for fronts, id buy brembo max disks, ss lines and DS2500 pads :D

Yeah, it's a bit confusing :(

You can get rear brake discs from k-tec and yozzersports that includes the wheel bearings (i've got a cup, so don't need ABS rings) or you can go to loads of other places and buy after market discs (brembo, black diamond etc etc0 that just sells the rear brake discs and not the wheel bearings.... i'm unsure how much the wheel bearings cost, what actual bearings they are ever (just the normal wheel bearings or some other bearings that are just for the brake disc) or where i can buy them from....

I don't know whether to get brake discs without the bearings (i'd quite like to get uprated, grooved discs for the back as well as the front) or to get a package with the bearings from a place like k-tec or yozzasports

:S

contact yoz, he can send them through www.sentitnow.com for £10.99 next day delivery. upto 30kgs

Ahh right :)

My car is booked in to the garage on thursday next week to have the Cam belt changed... i was going to try and get the brakes done at the same time, I'll drop him a PM and see if he could get them to me by wednesday next week if i order and pay for them today/tomorrow/monday ???

thanks for the help

Audi A3/Clio 200
euro car parts sell rear discs with bearing and abs ring for 34.90 + vat each so thats about £81 for the pair. dont waste money on genuine renualt ones the back brake do hardly any work.

Clio 172
Apparently Eurocarparts sell a rear disc which is compatible for abs ring for £12.66. If you need an abs ring that will cost £29.55 and a bearing is £24.79. Not sure how easy they are to put together. Where did u see the full package for that cost at Eurocarparts £34.90+vat?