ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you tell if cup pack/suspension is fitted?

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Hi all,
picking up my 182 next week in arctic blue-cant wait.Just wanted to know though is how I can tell if the cup pack/suspension is fitted.I didnt notice a front splitter on the front so guessing the cup spoilers are not fitted (unless Renault forgot to put them on which seems a possibility) but the Anthracite alloy wheels were fitted which I thought meant that the suspension pack is possibly fitted.The salesperson at the garage I bought the car from didnt have a clue what the cup pack was so didnt bother asking him much more about it.Tried the search option but without much luck so sorry if this question has been asked a million times before!
Cheers.

MY10 R35 GTR
my car when i picked it up from dealer didn't have the front splitter on it.

It was bought as a 182 with both cup packs.

Apparenty they stopped sendind them along with the cars waiting to get fitted and got sent at a later date.

Make sure if it doesn't have it on u mention it

Funnycar55 said:
my car when i picked it up from dealer didn't have the front splitter on it.

It was bought as a 182 with both cup packs.

Apparenty they stopped sendind them along with the cars waiting to get fitted and got sent at a later date.

Make sure if it doesn't have it on u mention it
The spoilers were in the rear seats. There loads in many dealerships who forgot to fit them to cars and none noticed.

best way to see if the cup track and suspension is fitted it drive really fast into a curb and price up the replacement parts for std and cup, if it's more expensive it's the cup pack. simple

black gold 182
My renault garage didnt even know what the front splitter was,so eventualy after telling them what a cup pack was for 8 weeks,i finally got what i actually bought

MX5 turbo
Black Gold 182 said:
My renault garage didnt even know what the front splitter was,so eventualy after telling them what a cup pack was for 8 weeks,i finally got what i actually bought

I'm suprised your Renault dealer knew what your 182 was,they don't seem to exist to some of them;)

Cupped 182 with Recaros
I thought Artic Blue was only available with a cup pack anyway (like Black Gold was), so it probably has the cup packs unless it has been resprayed!

ppysjrh said:
I thought Artic Blue was only available with a cup pack anyway (like Black Gold was), so it probably has the cup packs unless it has been resprayed!
Nope, Cup packs could be fitted to any colour paint. You had to have it in blue to have the strips though.

Just to confuse things some people have the dark wheels fitted retrospectfully so wheel coloutr doesn't garantee it.

Check the camber to be reasomably sure 1 degree negative and its Cup packed 0.5 of a degree and its none Cup packed.

Maz

LY 200
The difference in the bolt spacing ?? would show if it had the suspension wouldn't it ?? + dark wheels

Splitter & spoiler :)

Maz said:
The difference in the bolt spacing ?? would show if it had the suspension wouldn't it ?? + dark wheels

Splitter & spoiler :)
Yep differen bolt spacing 54vs 60mm but checking camber quicker personally. Plus no need to lean in the wheel arch.