ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do people afford their clios?

Rb 182 ff
Im looking at getting a cliosport soon trying to save probably get a 172 cup but id love to save the extra and get a rb 182 but i find it impossible to get the money. How do you lot afford to get the cars you got?

Not a 320d
a job?

What do you do/what are your outgoings ? Put £100 or £200 a month away for a while, it doesnt happen over night.

S4 Avant
I saved for 18 months, then got a loan to cover repair costs. 182's were fetching 9-10k when I was shopping for them.

Now all my months wages are all spent on the car, which needs to change at some point.

Rb 182 ff
if i get one it's gonna have to be cash as i cant afford a loan and the insurance at 19. vts is goin at the end of the month so thats a start

S4 Avant
if i get one it's gonna have to be cash as i cant afford a loan and the insurance at 19. vts is goin at the end of the month so thats a start

Forget getting insured at 19, I could only just afford to be insured at 20, and now getting to the end of my insurance year, starting to regret spending a considerable amount of my annual salary on something that I have nothing to show for.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
By having a job?

Failing that, if you're a tax dodger you could always rinse your student loan and get one. That’s what they're for i think.

Rb 182 ff
Forget getting insured at 19, I could only just afford to be insured at 20, and now getting to the end of my insurance year, starting to regret spending a considerable amount of my annual salary on something that I have nothing to show for.

ive spent stupid amounts on insurance over the last two years. 240 a month on a saxo vtr at 17 and 185 a month on a vts stupid i know but its what i wanted

Mondeo TDCI 130
ive spent stupid amounts on insurance over the last two years. 240 a month on a saxo vtr at 17 and 185 a month on a vts stupid i know but its what i wanted

That answers your own question imo! Your trying to live beyond your means!! Seriously, £185 a month on insurance is fecking daft imo!

I rob drug dealers.

omar1.jpg

Rb 182 ff
i know i know but it shall be going next week and im gonna insure a 106 for the time being so insurance shall be alot lower

Mk4 .:R32
how much do you get after tax month dude if you don't mind me askin? they aren't expensive to buy or run.

the only thing I found at 19 was the insurance was a joke

PS 200
Feck that - I'm paying not much more than 240 a YEAR for my 200.

I guess being an old fcuker has it's advantages :rasp:;)

Mk4 .:R32
in my honest opinion, if you're 19 on that kinda cash, I'd just save up first. Maybe keep the vts or getting somethin a little cheaper on insurance etc!

You'll be surprised how quick the money racks up once you start saving properly! better than paying interest on a depreciating asset

Rb 182 ff
yer think im gonna save this month ive tried not to spend alot but it jus dont work. i have a pretty decent motox bike in the garage but i cannot part from that.

M235i / 172
I just saved up... its the only way really. As said above they are'nt very expencive to run mate.. not much different to any other ordinary small hatch.

I just saved up... its the only way really. As said above they are'nt very expencive to run mate.. not much different to any other ordinary small hatch.

Providing you don't end up with a dog and it's not in the garage every other week lol. As said though they have reasonable running costs. I only work part time and can still run one although it's a 172 rather than the 182 you want.

Rb 182 ff
i dont mind having a 172 cup been looking can get a decent one between 3.5 to 4k which is affordable just id love a rb 182 which is a bit much like.

BG 182 FF
I do between 40 and 60 hours overtime a month which pays for my clio and whatever needs doing to it :)

Rb 182 ff
id do overtime if i could but i get paid by there day. would get a part time job but ill be ferked get up at 7 half the time im not home till 7 in the evening

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Sell any s**t you don't need on ebay?

Also, its not worth putting yourself out for the upgrade tbh, a VTS and 17/82 are not worlds apart. If you can afford it do it, otherwise i'd stick with the VTS, its fast enough for a 19 year old.

Rb 182 ff
yer they aint bad cars had it about a year now and wanna upgrade tbh. looking at buying one or two cars to sell but dunno if its worth the risk