ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i make my headlight washers work?

immaculate clio 172
hi all i cant work out how to use the headlight washers on my 2002 ph2 172 it also has xenons aswell if that makes any difference? soz to sound a bit thick been fiddling and cant work them out lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
Windscreen washers
Right headlight washer
Left headlight washer

..Thats what normally happens. Looks retarded.

Arctic Just A 182
Isn't that the kind of stupid thing that could fail an MOT though; the fact that they're there means they have to work?

Nissan 350z
Nope passes MOTs and services, you name it. Im guessing its not a requirement for them to be working just be present. Same as the rear window washer can be blocked and still pass MOTs.

RS 172+
IIRC I thought the headlamp wipers only worked when using the windscreen washers for 2 seconds or more... under that you only get water to the secreen?

RS 172+
So if xenons burn cooler than regular lamps, why the 'need' for washers? Seems pretty pointless without headlamp wipers too?

So if xenons burn cooler than regular lamps, why the 'need' for washers? Seems pretty pointless without headlamp wipers too?

Really you need to think about it... "washers" not "coolers" and if they're for cooling not cleaning why do they get fed by a screenWASH bottle...

High end cars with Halogen lamps used to have washers to clean the lens this was before xenon/HID lamps were being used. They are there to clean nothing more. I think it's more to do with deflecting/scattering of light by large lumps of dirt that they have to be present on cars with Xenon lamps from factory.

RS 172+
As I understand it the lamp washers only operate after a prolonged pull of the washer stalk when the lights are on. As I usually time my washer squirts to coincide with the windscreen wipers, max one second at a time, I guess the lamp washers are never activated.

Seems the designers haven't thought this one through too!

Clearly they need you on the team to sort out that massive error along with the lack of sufficient lamp cooling fitted to the car. Fire a CV into them!