ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i get my gear knob off my clio??

Clio 1.6 16v
i have been trying for ages to get my gear knob off my 1.6 16v clio but it wont even move, am i going to have to cut it off?

1.6 16v
Re: How do i get my gear know off my clio??

o rite! well if u find out can u pm me how to do it as i want a richbrook one! ta

Clio 1.6 16v

Lol sure will, but as far as i have heard its a case of cutting them off but im a bit worried about that cus if im wrong i then have a mangled gear knob!

1.6 16v

but if ur replacing it anyway! shouldnt matter u will get it off with a knife im sure of that! otherwise rip there gear stick out and replace it with a short shift one! baby-d has got one and its awesome to use!

BMW F31

under the gear knob is a piece of plastic that is on very tight to the gear stick. i had to cut mine off of my old clio mk2 ph1

Clio 1.6 16v

hmmmm thats true, actually have been looking at the short shift ones looks pretty good, currently saving for the 2.0 ltr sport conversion, think im gonna go and cut off the gear knob stuff it lol

1.6 16v

ooooo good luck mate! i am debating the conversion or do i go for a 172 cup hmmmm

Clio 1.6 16v

right so just have to cut through the top of the gear knob to the white part, do i then cut through the white part?

yeh i wanna go for the 182 should be sweet been looking at getting it done by ktec racing.

1.6 16v

na i thinking about selling my one and getting a cup! hmmm decisions decisions lol! £2500 for a conversion or sell mine and pay the differance!

Clio 1.6 16v

right gonna go inspect it again lets see what happens, will update soon as i have found the best way.

133/225/CLS AMG

I was wanting to get the gear knob off my Renault 5 but i heard they were glued on!!! Need to wrench em off apparently. The later shaped Clios I'm not sure of though.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup

be carefull, almost cut the tip of my finger of off with a stanley knife doing my girlfriends......gear knob luckily the bone stopped the knife. i would use a chain wrench in future.

1.6 16v

alex! did u get blood all over her carpet??? tutututut!

what u replace the knob with ur finger lol?

BMW F31

lol i used the saw on my swiss army knife. worked a treat, just cut the thing totally in half from front to back. was a right b**ch, i had tried pulling it off but it wouldnt come so cut it :p

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup

alex! did u get blood all over her carpet??? tutututut!

what u replace the knob with ur finger lol?
almost, i just grabbed it and ran in doors like a pansey and stuck it under water got some of them stitch tape things and stuck them on, then wrapped it in finger bandage, i think i should have gone to hospital as 1 got a scar now and it feels funky. :eek:

thats a good idea for a new gear knob, cut your finger off and stick it on the pole, haha, good one fella, wonder if it would stop car theives :evil:

1.6 16v

lol, ouch thou mate must have hurt! hope u didnt cry infront of the lady lol! ill remember that when i try and replace mine! MIND UR FINGERS !!!!!!

Clio 1.6 16v

well i have managed to get down to the white plastic thing! so now i have to cut through it???? im guessing so.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup

i didn't cry, cold water is a great soother, to be honest it didn't hurt just like a pin prick, it was jus tthe fact it wouldn't stop bleedin for ages, and her nagging me to go to hospital. took a while to heal too. Definately wear some tough golves and don't use a stanley knife.and don't force it down, do a sawing action instead.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
put a rag over the top of your gear knob and get a big pair of water pump pliers on it will come of with a bit of force they are glued on

mk3 clio 1.4 ph1
Surely tho if its glued on to start with then there will be no threads to put a new one on. Or is it glued to the threads

First post and a mangled knob, so take it easy, but can someone give me some assurance that the hacksaw method is meant to look like this at some point! Or have I just made it 10x worse for myself? Cheers, Ray.

Attachments

• 20171014_170913.jpg
    20171014_170913.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 854