ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I find my WEP key!!??

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 and I need this to connect. I wouldn't know where to find it :( Help!!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
What router have you got? You need to put the ip address of the router into the search bar on your browser. This will get you to your routers setup page where you should be able to navigate to find your WEP.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
And while you're in the router.. change to WPA/WPA2 for better security.. WEP takes seconds to break.

Audi TTS S Tronic
Or sometimes on the router box, or router manual

If you are also using wireless on your PC then you can get WEP key retrieval software :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just tried that, its password protected and I don't know the username or password. This sucks! :( Thanks though buddy.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
if its a netgear default username is admin password is password.

Bumder With A Buffer
And while you're in the router.. change to WPA/WPA2 for better security.. WEP takes seconds to break.

really??? (thats a serious question...I changed my BT homehub from WPA as I couldn't connect my PSP to it for s**t with WPA for some reason)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Have a look for wireless security settings or something to that effect.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Its now saying it can't obtain an IP address from my router or modem :(

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
if that doesn't work you need to log back into your router and check that DHCP is enabled.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Have a look at your MAC filtering on your router to see if its blocking your consoles MAC address.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I think I've sorted it, I just re searched the available wireless networks, refound it and bashed the WEP key in again and its now connected :D