ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do 172s stack up against Focus STs (std)

Black Ph2 172
As title suggests, I'm interested to know how 172s stack up against Focus STs (std).

Cheers,

Andy

MCS R56
Not bad. ST's are quite heavy but they are still quick towards the top end.

Have you got some racing lined up or something? Lots of versus threads!

Evo 8 MRFQ320
Having owned both and raced my mates 172,in standard form the st will pull away after 100. In the corners it's all down to the driver. Very evenly matched cars.

Iceberg 172
You'll be fine initially from standstill. Up until 60mph+ and the ST will pull away.

Rolling start you'd stand no chance.

But you'll out break and out handle one all day long.

Evo 8 MRFQ320
You'll be fine initially from standstill. Up until 60mph+ and the ST will pull away.

Rolling start you'd stand no chance.

But you'll out break and out handle one all day long.

Definately true about the rolling they pull really well from low revs

Black Ph2 172
Thanks for responses guys, I've got a K-tec stealth system which has definitely given me a bit more poke, so sounds like I might do ok

J

jonnytheboy

Raced my mate in his ST in my 182 not much in it till 110mph ( Private road ) ;)

Raced him again with cams and full milltek system , i was a couple of lengths ahead

I want my cams back now :(

LY 200
When i had my 182 i had a crack against one from rolling at 20/30 (off a junction) up to 90 and kept in front nicely!

If your cars a strong one its going to depend on whether your in the good band or not.

Had a dice with one around Rockingham when I had my 182. It was pretty much even stevens. I had the edge under braking and a slightly higher apex speed, but he pulled away quite well on the straights. I got the impression it was mapped.

On the road I'd much rather be in the Focus. 5-pots FTW!

Nothing at the mo :(
ive had a play with a focus st before in my182.. not much in it tbh up to about 90 then he pulls away slightly

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Following one in the elise down b-roads, I was more impressed with its cornering ability then its stright line performance tbf. Perforamance seem slightly better then 1*2 but I think that was down to its mid range punch coming out the corners.

LY 200
^Thats nothing!

The Williams is knocking on 100's door by the time even the Cups hit lift off.