ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How did that happen?

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
I recently lost my company car due to new H&S policy which states anyone that carries or may need to carry bulky items on the companies behalf must do so in a company supplied vehicle, that vehicle will be a new Ford connect van.... WooHoo :(

I have a young family that generally gets carted about in the missus C-Max but we still have the need every so often for a second practical'ish car, with this occasional requirement for another car capable of carrying either myself or the missus and possibly one of the kids about I have been looking about for a cheap run-about.

I started searching at the end of last month for a Citroen C4 VTS coupe, but the raft of gadgets the have and the horror stories I read about their lack of reliability put me off, at the beginning of this week I was hell bent on a Polo 6n2 GTi but they are rather long in the tooth and therefore few and far between so this then lead me to think about a RS Clio 172, I started looking Thursday and put a deposit on this car today and will be collected Monday.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?756248-2003-Iceberg-Siver-172-85k-Miles-1650-ono

There's a few bits that need addressing ASAP, the rear tyres although legal really could do with replacing, so these will be done on Tuesday, The aftermarket exhaust will require a centre resonator putting in as it's a little noisy for what it'll be used for (I already have a noisy car for when the mood takes me), I want to replace the cone filter induction kit for a stock air box and the steering wheel will require so attention at some point, other than that it's a tidy little car and a credit to it's currant owner Sam.

I have a C4 VTS (petrol) on 150000 miles! It's the diesels that are not reliable. However that looks a really nice 1*2, good luck with that.

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
  Swift Sport
Still got your 5?

Yep, I was on the Nutz stand twice at Donington this year and and it's been to the Nurburgring too :)

I've owned a 172 just like the one you've bought, and they're great little cars from the money!