ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How cool is this

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Now that is quality!

is that a full blown pc? or is that using an x box?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Judging by the fact its got winxp os on it .. I would say pc heh.

The only problem with carPCs still is the startup/shutdown of the system. Its a pain in the ass waiting for 30seconds + for the system to boot before you can even program what songs to play etc.

Thats why I have stuck with the standard cd player/changer just now. Hopefully things will get better for carPCs eg, instant booting.

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Is a very simple idea really! The screen would be the most expensive part. Wouldnt really fit a Clio dash though!

The Jinx

Dont get how hes set the thing up but repsect is due for that. If I saw that at a show Id assume it was a Audi works job, not some guy in his garage.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 01 December 2003
Dont get how hes set the thing up but repsect is due for that.  If I saw that at a show Id assume it was a Audi works job, not some guy in his garage.

Simple,

buy one touch screen lcd. connect to serial port of pc (mouse control) and to rgb out (video from pc)

boot windows and install dashpc software.

voila .. done.

The hard bit is fitting it in your dash like he did.

err im in IT.. so that makes me a geek and that just turns me on!

guess though, of course you could boot up almost instanly with either flash mem for operating system or USB boot.

hehe cool.