ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how come so cheap ? is this just bcos its a cat d ?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Golf TDI
was looking at this before when it was being sold on e bay . whats with the cheap price ?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Golf TDI
is that the only reason . looks ok except the " flame kit " whatever that is . iv emailed the seller asking about that . iv made a bid lol so it stays in my ebay account . and will keep watching

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As said above belonged to Darren on here, they must of done a good job of repairing it originally as Darren didn't even know it was catergorised until he traded it in with Daniel.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Broken Diesel Megane :(
hi guys!!! any questions fire them my way, i will do my best to answer them.

with regards to it being cat d, i had no idea about it. tbh it was naivity (sp?) that i rushed into buying it without checking, and as such paid the price on re-sale. the car never had one problem in the time i had it. all the belts were changed while in my possession, and serviced when needed. think only other work it had was new tyres.

the seats are cobra monacos, not recaros as mentioned in the ad. the carpetting was done by me and a mate and looked a million times better than what it looks now. though i did lol @ "professionally boarded out".

the car was epic, and to date, still the best car i have owned. it was such a hoot to drive, if i had the spare cash i would be bidding on it too!!!!

any other questions then drop me a pm.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As said above belonged to Darren on here, they must of done a good job of repairing it originally as Darren didn't even know it was catergorised until he traded it in with Daniel.

dan hpi'd it and then when took it down spotted a few bits of overspray, which to be fair, i wouldnt even of spotted if he hadnt pointed it out.

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Golf TDI
does anyone think this could be close to what power output they are saying it is running at . a whole 225 bhp .? or is an over the top estimate .

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
A flamer kit is a spark plug in the exhaust, which when you press a button sparks, so when you rev in Maccy's car park flames come out and chav slut knickers fall instantly.

To get rid of that, it'll need a new backbox (probably fitted in the back box, could be anywhere after the cat though) as that one will have a hole drilled in it. Assuming you don't want to keep it (after a while the back bumper will deform and melt) of course...

On the basis of the flame kit alone, I'd say it's been abused since Darren moved it on.

Dan

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Golf TDI
A flamer kit is a spark plug in the exhaust, which when you press a button sparks, so when you rev in Maccy's car park flames come out and chav slut knickers fall instantly.

To get rid of that, it'll need a new backbox (probably fitted in the back box, could be anywhere after the cat though) as that one will have a hole drilled in it. Assuming you don't want to keep it (after a while the back bumper will deform and melt) of course...

On the basis of the flame kit alone, I'd say it's been abused since Darren moved it on.

Dan

i have asked about this , as this was the only thing that put me off and he beleives it can be removed in about 5 minutes with no problems at all :) anyone have a clue where the number of 225 bhp came from ? is this realistic for the mods done to the engine ?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Dan

i have asked about this , as this was the only thing that put me off and he beleives it can be removed in about 5 minutes with no problems at all :) anyone have a clue where the number of 225 bhp came from ? is this realistic for the mods done to the engine ?

never had mine rolling roaded, but both justin and ali said it felt quicker than both of theirs (alis had had remap and other mods).

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Cheap car mind.

I remember Dan having it for while, looked pretty good.

IIRC Dan sold it onto someone who he knew and is on here from Bristol - Daniel or Justin-172 will now.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Brisol my lover..
i was the owner Elliot (m88ejr) is my forum name but cant post as i aint paid the fiver! so using big jts for the mo! i sold the car to the current owner, who is a mate of mine, he has spent quite abit of money on the car since i owned it, new water pump boarded the back out properly new fog light etc etc. it still drives really well his mrs drives it mainly. worth 3k all day long!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is no way its running 225bhp LOL!

Was nothing in it between me and you that night ali's gave up the ghost.. I think mine ran 181 and 186 on different days..