ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how bad are standard exhausts...

Clio 182
Not great. I've had all manner of problems with mine, partially due to improper repairs.

I've had two sets of mounts, a new mid section, two sets of clamps, tonnes of silicone and it'll soon be getting a new cat gasket and bolts. Joyous.

Not after an aftermarket system just yet, just want a standard one that seals! :)

Yeah, it all started about 24k. Currently on 35k.

mines just dropped off on 37000 miles. Have a magnex cat back in the shed (took it off as it was too loud) but dont fancy having to wear ear muffs when i drive the car. Any ideas on what back box i should get as im not wasting my time again on a standard 1!! Something quiet preferably

172 Cup
Not great. I've had all manner of problems with mine, partially due to improper repairs.

I've had two sets of mounts, a new mid section, two sets of clamps, tonnes of silicone and it'll soon be getting a new cat gasket and bolts. Joyous.

Not after an aftermarket system just yet, just want a standard one that seals! :)

Yeah, it all started about 24k. Currently on 35k.

I've had quite a bit of problem to with fairly new standard system. Think Its important from teh outset to get them hanging right so the load is spread accordingly between the centre and rear mounts. I'm gonna change it for the £200 mild steel Ktec stealth and hopefully I won't have to keep adjusting it to cure rattles etc.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Mine went at about 40k, replaced with a powerflow jobbie as I needed an exhaust that day but it's been alright.

Evo 6, E92 320d
My system looks to be the origional mid section with a newish backbox, unknown mileage and the baffles vibrate like a bugger, i shall be replacing soon, possibly a yozza.

Mental 172 Cup
my car is on 24k and my exhaust snapped last week so i had to get it welded up! it split at the centre section!