ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How am i ment to know what is normal ?????

clio 172cup
..In terms of torque steer/ tramlining

Ive got a 172 cup which pulls rather hard under hard acceleration , which is obviously worse on uneven road , but at times i find it boderline dangerous., when you stick your toe down and are wrestling with the car to stay on your own side of the road.

Ive read reviews before etc, which says they are kind of renowned for this kind of thing , but how do i know to what extent its normal ??? Or if somethings broken and needs replacing ? Ideally i think i need someone else with a cup to drive it haha .

Is it purely a case of just replacing things to see if it improves ??? or just assume this is ''normal''

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where are you..? Ill take it for a spin.

Does it drive straight ? Does it always pull the same direction? What wheels/ tyres are on it ? Pressures ok ?!

clio 172cup
I'm out maldon way , yeh it drives straight , and it seems to pull all over the shot possibly more to the right though , but as mentioned its only under hard acceleration, and is fine on flat roads like motorways.

Its on turinis, and had four brand new yokos 9 months ago, checked pressures about month ago ? lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well assuming pressures are ok, take it somewhere to be set up properly. Most places offer a free check.

Skidmarques in Brentwood are my only recommendation around here.

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Could even be worn track rod ends. Knackered ones totally ruin the feel of a clio and can cause wandering and pulling under hard acceleration.

clio 172cup
Well assuming pressures are ok, take it somewhere to be set up properly. Most places offer a free check.

Skidmarques in Brentwood are my only recommendation around here.

I had it laser aligned a couple of months ago after replacing the wishbone bushes so cant be that ?

Could even be worn track rod ends. Knackered ones totally ruin the feel of a clio and can cause wandering and pulling under hard acceleration.

I've read a fair few times that worn track rod ends can have the effect im having , so may just be worth replacing them ...they arent too expensive are they ???

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
I had it laser aligned a couple of months ago after replacing the wishbone bushes so cant be that ?

I've read a fair few times that worn track rod ends can have the effect im having , so may just be worth replacing them ...they arent too expensive are they ???

I paid around £20 quid each for mine, can't remember exactly. If you do replace them have your tracking checked afterwards :)

clio 172cup
Well i replaced both the track rod ends and lower ball joints , and its like a totally different car, no more being dragged over the road. Am a happy girly !