ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

House too big for bt homehub range.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Basically home hub is in one end of house in office but at the opposite end is the lounge and get zero wifi.

What are my options for having wifi in the lounge?

The homehub has to remain.

Any help would be great!

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
The link above won't give wifi in the lounge though - unless I missed the detail in the spec. They merely extend your wired LAN in a very convienent manner.

As TheEvilGiraffe asked, does your HH have to stay in the office. If so, due to the location of your master socket/phone extension then there may be another solution. Not sure of HH supports it but you can locate a second ap within the range of the existing coverage and it acts as a repeater. Never done it before myself and I think it cuts the throughput of your wireless by 1/2.

Suppose you could always use the BT power-line sockets and a second ap in bridge mode

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Basically home hub is in one end of house in office but at the opposite end is the lounge and get zero wifi.

What are my options for having wifi in the lounge?

The homehub has to remain.

Any help would be great!

why cant you move the home hub to the middle of the house....