ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot Engine Misfire?

Clio 172
Not to sure where to start with this problem, for the last couple of weeks I have had a misfire with the engine, it only happens when the engine gets hot, say going out for a drive, then letting the car sit for 5min where the engine heat can build up, and then starting the engine again which will start a misfire, but if you let the engine cool down by opening the bonnet, then the misfire go's away and the car drives fine.

But what is making this a real pain in the ass to diagnose is there are no fault code coming back from the car, even when the emission light comes on. I have changed Leads, Spark Plugs, Lambada Sensor, and 4 new Injectors, Crank Sensor, and a new Coolant Sensor yesterday because my radiator fan stopped working, but I'm still getting a misfire from the engine when hot.

Any members here got any ideas because I'm running out of solutions?

Clio 172
It being heat related I vote coil pack

I think I might have fixed it, replaced one of the spark plugs which looks discoloured and the car seem to be driving good, took it out today and I did not get a misfire at all. But if it was the coil pack, would it not produce a misfire all the time, hot or cold?

Ph2 172
I have had them play up when warm but fine when cold like weak spark on one cylinder not complete failure but sounds like you got it sorted