ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosting, domain and design packages.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Hi All,

I'm new to all this so bear with me.
I want to create my own website to promote my personal training services I will be offering next year. I want to have a go at building the site myself as I would like to know how.

My friend has recomended Mr Site packages.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Shaw

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
there was someone on here doing a deal not so long ago, cant remember name tho'

I havent got the time or patience to be learning code. It seems far too complex for me

185lb/ft dCi
Nothing for the none computer geeks to worry about, just some misconfigured servers that will give information to anyone who asks, (ways for an attacker to plan his attack). just doesn't say much for a hosting company.

to be honest mate, with the amount of people working behind cliosport.net, and they have the same flaw too!

185lb/ft dCi
full zone transfer from your primary name server, lucky you don't have a big network or it could be mapped easily.

> ls -d cliosport.net
[ns7.zoneedit.com]
cliosport.net. SOA ns7.zoneedit.com soacontact.zoneedit.com.
(1169987892 14400 7200 950400 7200)
cliosport.net. NS ns7.zoneedit.com
cliosport.net. NS ns8.zoneedit.com
cliosport.net. A 89.238.134.5
cliosport.net. MX 0 mail.cliosport.net
test A 89.238.134.5
old A 81.21.79.234
maildh A 81.21.79.233
mail A 89.238.134.5
daz A 89.238.134.5
www A 89.238.134.5
cliosport.net. SOA ns7.zoneedit.com soacontact.zoneedit.com.
(1169987892 14400 7200 950400 7200)

for bigger networks I would class it as a big flaw!

It's largely useless in our case but we can't do anything about it - it's the only thing I *don't* do myself for ClioSport as it's always been that way since we moved DNS originally from a couple of failing servers before I took over. It's the better option for us at the moment to use them.. and it doesn't make that much difference to us really.. "cliosport.net" isn't used by the infrastructure tho.. so you wouldn't be able to map out the network using that.

In fairness tho, ZoneEdit are a massive DNS provider.. used by lots of people.

We could move it in house, but.. meh.

I had a bad feeling you'd be going on about ServerTokens on the web server.. but hey ;)

185lb/ft dCi
if your infrastructure is still using those name servers though I wouldn't be best pleased.

and yes I only see Server: Apache btw ;)

185lb/ft dCi
how do you plan on building your own website without learning any code? thats your first problem.

I have been told that there are more basic programs to design with which dont need knowledge of code. Like MS Front Page

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
you need to look at www.123-reg.co.uk if you want a really simple way to put a basic website together with using no code, i.e. a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor.
Go on there, buy a domain you like the sound of and pay for Instantsite Plus (£1.99/month which gives you the hosting of the site as well then). That will give you about 10 pages and 324 templates to choose from.

I know nothing about web design and knocked this up in 1-2 day, including adding some basic html script: www.webuycars4u.com