ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

horrible nice while turning...

Clio

My clio seems to be making a pretty nasty nosie while turning the wheel..an also makes it when i put my foot down. Not to sure what it is? i have been told my a mate at work it maybe a "pivot joint". and if it is that how much iam i gonna have to shell out to get it fixed?

Thanxs Dom

What Clio is it what age milage etc.

does it sound like a grating sound a rubbing it it only at high speed etc, does it fell unsale wobbly etc.

A pivot joint sounds like the desciption for the bottom ball joint or the top mount thingie there not much to change or replace at all and they can wear.

Clio
it is a 1999 mk2? 1.2rn an 82000. it dosent feel wobley there is no pul to the side as such..its more at low speed turn. and the more you turn the loader it gets.

Clio
fluid level is gd. camblet was done bout in dec. gonna take it to a grage tomoro..i think that might be a good idea..but cant reali aford to have loadsa work done atm

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is it a squeeking? i had a squeeking noise on my old one when i was turning, changed the suspension top mounts for new genuine items and it sorted it

Clio
no its more of a grinding..been to the garge said it is a boot rubing on my driveshaft an also maybe my anti roll link. its booked in to be fixed on thursday..takes the mick was gonna try an get it sold this week lol