ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn connector

RB Clio 182
Hi, ive bought a new horn because my old one was fucked, when fitting the new one ive noticed that the connector that clips on to the horn is fucked, it literally fell off when i connected it to my new horn.

What are these connectors called and where do i buy them from?

Is it a case of simply crimping the new connector to the wire?

I have also lost the little wire with the connectors on either side so do i just get another two connectors and a piece of wire and make one?

I know how to change a plug, that is as good as it gets for me with electrics.

Thanks.

renault clio 1.4 16v
im sure it would be a normal spade connector, unless renault has its own fancy plug in which case putting spade connectors on it would be a simple solution

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
What are you going to do if you sell the Clio?

You'll have an extra 40hrs a week to play with when you're not fixing all the problems.

RB Clio 182
3 female spade connectors and some single cable later and the horn now honks like a gudden!

When i first fitted them all there was no sound, so i thought fuckit and bolted it back to the car, then it worked!

Does the horn bracket need earthing to the body for it to work? Seems strange if not.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
3 female spade connects and some single cable later and the horn now honks like a gudden!

When i first fitted them all there was no sound, so i thought fuckit and bolted it back to the car, then it worked!

Does the horn bracket need earthing to the body for it to work? Seems strange if not.
Yeah think it does mate

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member

Yep. I failed at this too the other week as I put a new horn on and to test it I didn't put it on the car and it didn't work. Was just about to take the steering wheel off to see if it was a switch issue on the horn button. Felt like a right mug when I realised that there was no earth.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I may need to change my horn to & re wire.
What strength wire did you use & how did you earth the new horn please?.was there no earth point on the old horn tho?