ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Civic 2.2 CDTI Type S

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Trip said around 62/63 going up wasn't trying too hard. On the way back I was trying less ended up around high 50s once I was back.

Can’t complain at that!!! What BHP are they standard 130?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Ooooo i can feel this is going to escalate. Honda rang me just now and said two problems. First oil leak from EGR. Don't really care about that, it has been blanked and a small coolant leak from one of the pipes. They are also trying to charge me for the work which i kicked off about so i'm waiting for the service manager of the group to call me and discuss.

It only started happening after their work and they are telling me its a separate issue and they never touched that pipe etc etc. Not impressed so far that's for sure, already have to keep paying for Uber's to get there and back as they don't have a courtesy car and if they did they want bloody £25 for it!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trip said around 62/63 going up wasn't trying too hard. On the way back I was trying less ended up around high 50s once I was back.

We used to get about 50 to the gallon in our 2.2 Ex. Driven like a true company car tho.

It only started happening after their work and they are telling me its a separate issue and they never touched that pipe etc etc. Not impressed so far that's for sure, already have to keep paying for Uber's to get there and back as they don't have a courtesy car and if they did they want bloody £25 for it!

If they replaced the manifold they must have had to touch some of the EGR system?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If they replaced the manifold they must have had to touch some of the EGR system?

Yes i would of assumed so, they probably disconnected it from the turbo end anyways. I think they said its the cooler pipe.

I have had a further phone call and they have had the car running with the trays off and can't see any leaks. The car is being left on the ramp for me to go over in a minute so i can take a look. He said they can only see moisture from the aircon pipes. Now i have just checked the Honda diagrams and the AC pipes do run in that area. I will need to inspect it very carefully when i am there. The smell of coolant seems to be too strong in my opinion.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back from Honda, the short version is that i was being over paranoid and it doesn't have a leak...

I had a look under the car on the ramps in Honda, all was good. They actually did a better job on the manifold then i thought. The car is actually pretty clean underneath as well.

The leak on the ground is from the AC/Heater drain, which i could see with the trays off, the liquid i could hear burning off on the manifold is from the AC pipes above i the exhaust i assume and the smell i guess is coming from the expansion bottle.

I still may take it to TGM or somewhere just to be 100% sure and get a check over.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe the expansion cap is abit weak and venting a touch more than it should?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Very upset this evening :(

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Not to much to report on the car, done another oil and filter service with genuine parts around 1k ago. Seems to be running well. I did notice an issue with alignment and panel gaps and decided to investigate yesterday, i was not impressed with what i found!

Luckily it doesn't look like there is any structural damage behind the light. I gave it a good look over and everything looked original so just a broken headlight and a few brackets/clips etc. Previous owner must of bodged it before i bought it then the bodge gave way and i noticed it!

Got the majority of my big brake kit here now so that will be fitted next Saturday. I have Accord CU2 (2008-2015 2.4) twin pot calipers, discs, new pads, fluid, lines and 15mm spacers. Hoping for a dramatic increase in braking performance as they are 40mm bigger and the standard brakes are terrible!!

IMG-20190702-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190702-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190702-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20190702-WA0015.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So this morning I was very hungover and took the car to Chris at Beaniesport to have the brakes done. Parts to swap were calipers, discs, pads, Goodridge lines, Ferrodo fluid and 15mm spacers.

20190713_100156.jpg

20190713_100208.jpg

Had a look around at the rest of the car underneath and it all seems good. Job went without issue. The pedal isn't as firm as I thought it would be, I was thinking it would be rock hard, but still has quite a bit of travel. Did bleed it a couple times to be sure and that's just what you get it seems.

Another chunk of money down the drain for not that much gain it would seem, but to be fair I haven't really tested them properly so maybe once I try a bit harder I will notice a difference. Just thought I would get a bit more instant bite and a firmer pedal.

Not gonna spend anymore on this apart from sorting that light and maintenance. Save for a GTR f**k it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
New discs and pads all round?? If used you can't expect an instant hard pedal.
Is there a specific procedure for bleeding the ABS module properly?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
New discs and pads all round?? If used you can't expect an instant hard pedal.
Is there a specific procedure for bleeding the ABS module properly?

Yer used bits, do have new pads coming, but they didnt arrive it time. Maybe that will help. Discs are like new.

I have read through the Honda documentation and the process is standard. No mention of doing anything to the ABS pump.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Got a lot of wheel vibration at motorway speeds, going to get the balancing checked at lunch and hopefully an alignment. Driving me crazy as it going out of alignment pretty much monthly!! I hope it is just the wheel balancing as it was there before, but it was a lot less. Maybe the extra weight of the Discs/Calipers is causing issues :(

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Just had the alignment and balancing done, both were out. Alignment is better now, although not perfect due to probably 100k suspension. Vibration wise it's still there so going to replace the pads and the discs and hopefully that sorts it otherwise i'm lost.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Cars looking good.

QQ regarding your stereo install. Did you have to connect your antenna power (blue) to the blue and white lead off your HU loom?

How many connect2 connectors plugged into the back of your headunit loom? 1, 2?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You’ve spent a fair whack on this car now! Will be a good buy for someone when you come to sell lol

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Will get to the comments in a sec.

I have been investigating the vibration issue a bit more on the car, turns out (so far at least) issue was with the discs, which in turn has been caused by sticky/stuck caliper carrier pins. Took both of them off this evening and the bottom ones were pretty stuck, but this is where it gets strange! I took all the pins out cleaned them best I could with some brake cleaner and a cloth. The bottom ones had a rubber bush on which had clearly swollen and the top one was quite a bit shorter, no bush. Any who cleaned them up and they didnt particularly want to to back in, the bottom ones seemed to go in further and the tops ones around half way. Fitted new discs and pads went to put the caliper on and it wont fit because the pin wont compress enough! So new discs, old pads, put it back together and the pedal felt alot better so took it for an extended hoon and no vibrations, however by the end of the drive I had a little bit of squeaking from the drivers side and sure enough temps were far hotter on that side. I guess when I checked temps before they were both stuck and that's why they were the same. Interesting that the pads hadn't worn unevenly either. Also when it was fitted I asked Chris did they all move alright, yer yer they are fine! Wait till I see him.

So what I want to do is get new carriers and pins etc. Will see if Honda do them or find them online. If not will try just new pins and see if that sorts it, hopefully it wont kill the new discs in the meantime. I hope this is the end of the vibration saga!

Looks like @YorkshireKyle was right.

Cars looking good.

QQ regarding your stereo install. Did you have to connect your antenna power (blue) to the blue and white lead off your HU loom?

How many connect2 connectors plugged into the back of your headunit loom? 1, 2?

Good question, yes I belive I connected the blue wire to the blue and white. Plug wise it may of been 2 or maybe even 3. If you have a look in the pictures previously in the thread it might show you. My stereo is well and truly stuck in there so I cant really check.

You’ve spent a fair whack on this car now! Will be a good buy for someone when you come to sell lol

Tell me about it, seems to be that way with all my cars! Just need to sort out the headlight and fingers crossed it's done for a while.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Do I get a prize? I take card??

Glad you got it sorted, it's annoying when you cant find the issue. It may be that your carrier may be full of crap where then pin sits in, if I remember how Honda brakes are setup that is?