ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holey Renault 5 16V... Williams F7R & Alpha ITBs

Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

Fair enough dude. If it's at FCS, I will be spending about 5 hours looking at the holeage, strippage and plastic windowage. Bring the pink bin too.

Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

It will be at FCS 100%.... take a seat in the engine bay its very homely lol

and ive pulled an update out of my arse just for you Gaz...

IMG_5467.jpg

Colour coded duct tape, rare 16V badge and F16 stickers for my windows

where u stayin hun?

floor at my hotel?

thats right

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

where did you get the tank tape matey?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Are those the alpha webber puppies you bought last yr?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Smashin! Whats going to be crazy about this one? Other than the holes.

Nothing really, apart from its pace lol... Its just a car to show all that ive learnt over the years in the clio scene.. get it out my system etc

Clio II 1.4 16V

Could you take some photos of back suspension on your car?

Nothing to see really but i will get some next time the wheels are off

Ive finally got some time spent on the 5... GOODBYE Yellow :D

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

Im just waiting on more paint being mixed to finish it off and do the other side.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

nice winnie

Clio II 1.4 16V

Nothing to see really but i will get some next time the wheels are off
Great. I'd just like to see how it's made. Standard GTT torsion bar + coilovers?

I'm building R5 for sprint races and I'd like to do this conversion to coilovers..

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Matching wheels FTW! :)

Cheers guys

It still has the torsion bar on the rear but uses upright coilover shocks without springs in the towers.. TBH its a pretty poor job and im thinking of cutting them out and returning to standard ish suspension... but I will get some pics :)

Ive done a few bits and bats.. but no pictures as my olds lent my SLR to go on holiday

Ive finished the orange painting on both sides and refurbed my split rims matt black to match the camcover

Well ive done the last bits and bats, its now ready to tow to fcs

IMG_5689.jpg

Refurbed wheels fitted (ive spent about 2 days soild sanding the lips.. think they are anodised

IMG_5668.jpg

Seats and matts fitted

IMG_5670.jpg

Rest of the coolent system fitted and filled up

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

Cleaned up my cage and removed the stickers (polished my poles just for Naith lol)

IMG_5669.jpg

Boot badges painted and fitted

IMG_5688.jpg

See you all on sunday... the cars on clubclio stand (I have pick of parking spot lol)

Im towing it down as ive just bought some piper cams and pullys... so im going to take the head off as soon as its home from the show ... no point in rushing it to get it running

Cheers guys... Just a warning the pictures make it look mint lol.... its still got a winston edge of scuff-ness lol

rps13
This is so so so awesome, you had a blast in it yet dude, can you?

that hydraulic handbrake is the s**t!

Last edited:
Cheers for the pics Gaz.... I don't think i stopped talking all day... maybe next year :)

Well as many know i didn't have time or funds to get it running for FCS so my mate Nick towed it down in his van... With it being its first real outting i had to take a few pics (56k lol) & (suns a b**ch)

French car magazine also want to feature it ASAP... there not even bothered it doesn't run yet LOL

IMG_5860.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5862.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

Stand pics

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg

Ready to go back home

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR
I got some pictures of it after I saw you at the show mate. They're done with the fish eye ;). Do you want me to send them over to you sometime?