ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmmmm help with diagnosis please?

E87 118d M Sport
Before the car went in for its plastic surgery (etc) I had noticed that it had start to run...........not as well as usual.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to start without using the accelerator for a nice little rev. I remember when changing the plugs last year that it was SPOT ON after, and a quick turn of the key would suffice.

It is also starting to.........kangaroo (?) when say accelerating to 2000rpm, then letting off the accelerator and using the engine breaking to slow down (so when traffic driving for example, the car is difficult to not kangaroo all over the place without putting the clutch in)

Ive done the research and i doubt it is the plugs again (but could be?), maybe be the leads, or could possibly (but hopefully not) be the coil pack.

I was wondering if people had had similar experience, and found that changing the leads helped? or is it a case that maybe only 1 lead needs changing? Im also under the impression that its okay to pull 1 lead at a time, and if the run isnt affected, then that lead is faulty????

E87 118d M Sport
nope.

it was misfiring just after i bought it. took it apart and one of the plugs was rusty as, so obviously it got wet.
been running NGK platinums ever since. (that was last.....september)

impreza sti prodrive
prepare to get an electric shock when you pull the plug leads off.

could be a coil but id dowt it, sounds like its on the fuel side i think.

when you are driving off the clutch without reving but moving does it still kangaroo?

impreza sti prodrive
pull the plugs out make sure they arnt damp.

when you rev the car not moving does it miss at all?

E87 118d M Sport
nope.
it couldbe damp. ill have a loko when i get the car back.

would this prevent it starting properly too tho?