ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HKS Induction kit

Camel
Decided to change my K-Tec induction kit for a HKS one just got to sort out the cold air feed, very nice sound at 5k revs!!

Before.........

kevold.jpg

After....
(Also changed the battery)

hksclio.jpg

hksfilter.jpg

K20 EG Hatch
looks alot better but performance wise standard air box and filter would be better wouldn't it?

Civic Type-R
Looks good :) The red renault sport writting I like! Do you know what that black thing is with the wires coming out of it just above the fuse box? Ive got one on mine and havnt got a clue what it is!

Vectra :(
Will perform the same as the K&N i imagine and just sound a bit nicer, wont see any performance increase i wouldnt have thought, if anything maybe some more heat soak that the K&N due to increased surface area?

Looks nice tho and bet it sounds good :)

In my experience HKS are just the same as any other panel filter but more expensive

Camel
I'll answer a couple of questions now I've had a few runs in the car

Performance wise no real difference from the K-tec one, the noise you get from it is awsome alot louder than the last one the car seems to love it rely kicks in at 5k revs. Will be building an encloser of some kind for it and redoing the standard air feed. If you can get your hands on one I would recomend it something a little bit different having a HKS in a 172!!

This is where it came from my mates STI he changed to a Hyperflow one when he got the front mount!!!

TummelValley014.gif

Camel
RacerStu said:
Looks good :) The red renault sport writting I like! Do you know what that black thing is with the wires coming out of it just above the fuse box? Ive got one on mine and havnt got a clue what it is!

The writting was my g/f she lovingly spend a few hrs doing it!! Lucky me