ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit curb but now got no gears!

172 cup
I locked up and hit a curb last night! But this morning I checked the damage and it now has no gears / there's No biting point ! The service light has come on too! Any ideas why ? There seems to be no other damage under the car apart from this ( in the pic)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 148

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Driveshaft has popped out? That's probably why lol.

You make it sound like its nothing lol. Just drove into a curb, nothing much happened just snapped my front wheel off, don't know why the gears don't work.

Did you drive it back like that?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
No damage, apart from the fact it's fucked? Lol

Yeah you've snapped the hub off at the ball joint, which has led to your driveshaft pulling out of the box. Due to the way a differential works, drive goes to the side of least resistance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Guessing this is similar, my mate crashed his LandRover, anyone any idea why it doesn't drive properly now?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 118

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I locked up and hit a curb last night! But this morning I checked the damage and it now has no gears / there's No biting point ! The service light has come on too! Any ideas why ? There seems to be no other damage under the car apart from this ( in the pic)

Don't fret mate. My mechanical knowledge is much the same as yours.

That's what's great about this club. Post a pic and you get the answer pretty much immediately :up:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is it the drivers side or passenger that dumps all the oil when it's pulled out?

172 cup
I know it's fucked and that the drive shafts fallen out! Was just wondering why it had no drive befor I get it picked up again and repaired!

172 cup
I dunno a bean about cars mate! I would have thought it would still try drive the other wheel! I only wanted to know why there was no drive / biting point befor I spend more money in it

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I dunno a bean about cars mate! I would have thought it would still try drive the other wheel! I only wanted to know why there was no drive / biting point befor I spend more money in it

Yeah, as someone said before the differential applies the most power to the side with least resistance, which in this case is the side that's not actually connected to anything any more.