ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hire car being provided by RUK

The 200 is in getting work done on engine, dealers arranging hire car under warranty due to parts likely to take two weeks to come in...no such thing as overnight from france then!

Will I just be given say a 1.2 or since the 200 is 2.0 litre will I be given something else?

I got given a Nissan Note DCI when my 200 was in. Had to insure it myself as the dealer refused. RUK promised to pick up the cost of insurance....LOL

Something Not French
When this happened to me; "Renault don't keep cars in for courtesy use, we use hire cars." AKA 1.2 rotbox.

They also wanted me to pay the £20 charge on the insurance. I declined.

V70 d5 beast
mines in the bodyshop at the moment after some idiot tried to park and ended up bending my whole rear axle! lol the insurance company were gonna give me a simular or equivalent to my 2.0 engine and thus gave me a 10 plate megane 1.6 16v... lol gosh this thing is gutless and they even removed the smart card for the built in tomtom satnav!
least it had fuel in though lol

Mini Cooper S sport
You get what you're given! When my 172 went in for a warranty job I got a 1.4 auto!

Having said that, when the 182 was being fixed I got a decent newish Megane and really liked it.

Tomorrow the Z is having a service - I asked what car I'd get and they said probably a Micra :(

I was hoping for a GT-R lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I got a f**king fiat panda lol! Next time I went in I got a rather nice corsa sxi though so that wasn't too bad. Worst car I ever got was a chevy Matiz. Best was a golf 1.9 :)

This is what I got :

183155_10150115205693681_514638680_6367966_4728075_n.jpg

Which I believe had the optional "drug dealer" pack added:

183699_10150115595923681_514638680_6372939_7516042_n.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
last one i got from arnie clark renault was a kia picanto, i knocked its pan in for 3 days, spun it twice and just done burnoits everywhere, thats what they get for failing to change rear discs properly and nearly killing my mrs

Clio RS 182
The worse the courtesy car the better, as long as its not for too long, reason for this being when you get your car back it feels so fukin good.

Listerine & Poledo
I got a Clio 1.1 turbo when the 172 went in for some work.

never before had boost tried to be revved so hard

133 CUP - B&W ID
when the 133 went in i got given this

f0cd5e56.gif

thank god i only had to drive it about 8 miles. Although... it did show 80mpg on the dash on the way back.

Mini Cooper S sport
I got a Nissan Juke! I don't actually mind it, although it's one of the ugliest things on earth. It's got touch screen satnav and a reversing camera (like I need on my car!).

260% JCW
The 200 is in getting work done on engine, dealers arranging hire car under warranty due to parts likely to take two weeks to come in...no such thing as overnight from france then!

Will I just be given say a 1.2 or since the 200 is 2.0 litre will I be given something else?

LOL, you're going on like you drive a Ferrari where they might look after you with a decent loan car.

It's a cheap french hatch.

LOL, you're going on like you drive a Ferrari where they might look after you with a decent loan car.

It's a cheap french hatch.

Okay I am sorry but where in my post do I make out like I drive a Ferrari? Its a forum for asking questions, I have never had a hire car supplied by a manufacturer so I asked to see what others had happened.

Merc
Lol.

I got given a 1ltr Kia Picanto when some c**t in a bike smashed the back of my scooby while the whole traffic was stand still. Nearly £4k of damage saw my scoob spending three months on the garage!

A clio
I got a 1.6 D mini countryman 11 plate in black in exchange for a trophy!! Got to admit it wasn't that bad, excellent sound system!!

Our courtesy cars at work are either Kia Picantos or Suzuki Altos. The Altos are hateful shitty 3 cylinder things and I detest them, but the Picantos are one of the most hilariously fun things I've ever driven.

260% JCW
When I worked in the trade we had the first Kas and 1.25 Zetec Festers. The Ka's were so chuckable and the 1.25 Festers didn't half go. Great little cars.

MKV R32
being given a peice of s**t to rag for a week is what a courtesy car is all about. Hardly gna give you a 200bhp+ car to wreck