ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hillpower Stage One Kit

I was thinking of getting the Hillpower stage one kit fitted to 16v. Currently the only mod is a full Magnex exhaust. I have a couple of questions...

1) How much does it cost?
2) Will it make a noticeable difference?

I wish I could go get a stage 1 kit :( Unfortunately would be a bit too much hassle getting my car there from the Isle of Man!!

Im curious as to the cost also tho.. u never know what I may ask santa for when the time comes!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the maps are far from custom, just stage 1 stage 2 etc.

get a decat, leave standard airbox on and get a unichip....sorted!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

but what you have to think about is.......

1) is it a good idea buying a chip that is not mapped for YOUR car.

2) that is not tested on a Rolling Road after fitment to ensure its ok.

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

I had my stage 1 done recently at HP for my RSI. Very good service and good workmanship and products.

First impressions are it feels great, revs harder, sounds nicer and is smoother.

To be fair they are just breathiing mods and once youve got the power bug, thats it!

Im after the Stage 2 next!!!!

Get the Under bonnet scoop too.

Look at the power increase as torque more than bhp figures, thats what your really after.

19 16V

Dont go to hill power its a joke.. he mapped his ECU to an engine years ago and just got a stupid amount of them burnt... so they now sit in his desk and thats all you get!

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 13 August 2003

Dont go to hill power its a joke.. he mapped his ECU to an engine years ago and just got a stupid amount of them burnt... so they now sit in his desk and thats all you get!

Thanks for the Advice,

You obviously know your stuff!

Mat.

clio 20v

if your gonna go get an off the shelf chip like a superchip a hillpower one is miles better and lots cheaper

probably not as good as say a unichip but a unichip is 400 quid and you cant be guaranteed a much bigger differance

they do work when i sold my willy engine to clean16v i sent the ecu to nick for a chip that was the only mod when it went into his car from mine other than zorst and filter which i also had and its definately quicker with the chip

adi

I had a magnex system with a de-cat then i got hill powers stage 1 chip and it loads better move drivable. Its quickers through all the gears and the torque is up. Just need to get it rolling roaded to see the gain on papewr but it feels loads better.

Si_5 if want a stage 2 aswell just want more now iv started, do you know how much it is?

Cheers Dave

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Im assuming low 16v, your asking me how much a stage 2 at HP is?

If so best off giving Nick a buzz for a more up to date price, Id rather not quote exact figures but your looking at around £1200, not cheap but more than likely worth it as youll have some real punch to the car.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

You may as well go for stage 2 ! But DO NOT CHANGE THE STANDARD AIR BOX !!

YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME ON THIS !!

I HAVE HAD HILL POWERS, STAGE TWO MODS AND AM WELL PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS !! OH AND BUY THE WAY I HAVE JUST FINALLY FITTED A DE-CAT AS WELL AND BOY IS IT RAPID !!

Just to help clear up a few points.

The stage 1 chip that we offer has gone through 3 changes since we first did the work on our dyno.

This is not a custom map individually tuned for each car and have never said it was (but then neither is the Renault chip that is fitted as standard).

I can map a chip to suit individual cars but to be quite honest it will cost more money for not huge gains (similar to a unichip that is programmed to suit an individual engine).

This is the reason that we have not increased the price of our chips to date, against some bigger chip companies that are nearly £300.00 fitted, again for an off the shelf chip compaired to our £125.00 plus vat fitted to Cliosport members.

Regarding induction kits I accept and have alwys accepted that although our induction kit goes further with heat protection than most other manufacturer kits available there is still room for improvement. To this end I have recently field tested our new induction kit and it will be runing on the rollers very soon. When I have some results I will make the info available.