ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highest milege 172

Hi,

Im looking at a mk1 172 tommorow, full reno servive history, one owner from new extremely well looked after blah blah, and i will also get a 1 years warrenty with it.

The only thing im worried about is the high milege (89,000) i was just wondering what the sort of milege they are capable of before they are just falling apart and basicly f**ked? Whats the highest milege one you know of still running on the same box, engine etc, oh and also whens the cambelt due for a change i know first is around 60/70.

Also thinking of chipping it, but im worried its going to shake its self to bits, any help, advice would be great. In an ideal world i would get one with lower millege but this ones popped up and its within my budget.

thanks

Aaron

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Theres been a couple at over 100,000. I would expect any modern engine to get at least 150k fairly trouble free. How much is it if you dont mind me asking?

ST

Save a little longer and buy a mint low mileage one matey, there are plenty about, and as Johh said how much is the car?

S2000

I would tend to agree with waiting a bit longer because if you go with the high milage one you may end up paying the extra in repair and maintenance costs.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

f**k that, Id get it if its been looked after. Check the usual like fsh etc, most of those miles may have been very easy motorway mile, 3-4000 revs on a warmed up engine wont put much wear on anything.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

worth a look mate, id get an aa or equiv report done on it and see what it casts up.

HPi it as well

Street Triple R

mileage is absolutely nothing to worry about, as long as its been service and looked after, you will see double that before you have any problems

id go for it

Id go look else where if you can afford to get a lower mileage one, other wise get it if its every thing you want, just remember there are loads of cars out there and there will be the ideal one for you. There is nothing wrong with high mileage cars, ive had one, but you gotta remember how much its realisticly worth, how much itll be worth once you want to sell it and its probably gonna have a bit more ware than usual.