ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high rev when going around corner

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
I noticed sometimes in my 182 when I go around corners, it seems to rev up as tho something has lost its bite momentarily to the engine.

Is that normal?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Well if it is wheel spin I aint hearin it spin on the floor when it lands. So weird to describe really but it happens only when the steering wheel is not streight. So lets say go around a corner with accelerator pressed then suddenly revs go up and then wen the steerig wheel is streight again it goes back down. Almost like the wheels loose temporarily the bite from something. Maybe il try do a video somehow.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You may not hear it, the inside tyre will have very little weight on it so it won't take much for it to spin, and because it's not being pressed down into the tarmac you won't get the screeeeech and sometimes not even any vibration.

phase 1 flamer 172
Bracing yourself on the clutch pedal, instead of the foot rest, and no not entirely serious.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Bracing yourself on the clutch pedal, instead of the foot rest, and no not entirely serious.

No no. Not doing that lol. No snapped springs already had the suspension looked at. Funny thing is, problem is getting worse not better as well.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Well if it is wheel spin I aint hearin it spin on the floor when it lands. So weird to describe really but it happens only when the steering wheel is not streight. So lets say go around a corner with accelerator pressed then suddenly revs go up and then wen the steerig wheel is streight again it goes back down. Almost like the wheels loose temporarily the bite from something. Maybe il try do a video somehow.

There's your problem. Lift off when airborne.

I had that problem on an oddly cambered roundabout near me, when overtaking people (granny shifting and not double declutching like they should) I've got to lift off before I hit the peak of the camber to avoid over revving as the wheels are freely spinning.

Got a vid to help us diagnose?