ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Conversion kit

Clio Campus Sport 07
All,

I've got a Clio mk.3 (i think...the one from like 01 to 08)
I want to put a set of HID's in on the dipped beam H7's but don't know how easy it is going to be getting the big pack on the back of the bulbs in between then light and the fuse box and on the other side with the chassis?

Anyone help out who's done this?

Also, where's the best place to mount the ballasts? (pics would be a real help if anyone has them)

iceberg 172
just fitted a set to my mates astra the bulb goes in as normal using the original clip then there are 3 sets or wires goin to a balast. the kit he had he got gromits for the old cover on the light that u drill a hole in and run the gromit with the wires through. he then had about 1ft to mount the balast sumwhere, will be easy on a clio the astra took 1 hour a side, had to go in behind the wheel artch realy fiddly

^ Would be very hard with the bumper on i think.

Its a few nuts and screws to get my mk2 bumper off shouldnt be that much harder on yours.

Im tempted by a set of HIDs, But really dont want to be dazzling other drivers. Ive had a few cars which im sure have had HIDs in and not just blue bulbs drive past me and it didnt bother me though.

iceberg 172
YES YOU CAN GET THEM TO FIT MORALESS ANY CAR IS JUST FITTING CAN BE A PAIN. ITS JUST FIDERLY WITH THE BULBS AND YOUR NOT MENT TO TOUTCH THEM.

Rubber gloves would come in handy then ^

Whats the fitting like on the H7s? Light units need to be cut? Where are people mounting theyre ballasts?

Clio Campus Sport 07
That's my worry...nowhere to fit the ballasts and possibly the bulbs just....not fitting!!!

I dont mind having to take the bumper off if needs be...and tbh it's hard enough to get the normal H7's into my Campus Sport! never mind with that huge charge pack thing on...

I've just ordered them now...went up to HID's direct today but it was closed. My own fault for raeading "Open....9.30am..."instead of "Open Mon-Fri 9.30am..." what a tool!

Going to try fitting them next weekend so i'll let u all know how it goes. I'll probably be back on here for advice cause i'll be confused.com!

iceberg 172
well h7s have a seprate clip dont they on the actuall light casing ( not a twist in bulb). if this is the case will be easy and should not need any ova parts. as far as the ballest like i said should have about 1ft from the bulb to place it.

clio 197, vauxhall vivaro
i have a set i have to fit aswell but i got h1's as got projector lights, going to defo take off the bumper. the ballasts should fit ok there not that big, they can just tuck away in the bottem somewhere,

ill get some pics when i do mine,

That's my worry...nowhere to fit the ballasts and possibly the bulbs just....not fitting!!!

I dont mind having to take the bumper off if needs be...and tbh it's hard enough to get the normal H7's into my Campus Sport! never mind with that huge charge pack thing on...

I've just ordered them now...went up to HID's direct today but it was closed. My own fault for raeading "Open....9.30am..."instead of "Open Mon-Fri 9.30am..." what a tool!

Going to try fitting them next weekend so i'll let u all know how it goes. I'll probably be back on here for advice cause i'll be confused.com!

After the bumpers off (half hour job) taking each light out is just 3 bolts, Then 2 plugs to unplug and the light case pulls out, This would help a lot when getting to fit the bulbs.

Doing it in situe would be a pain in the ass for sure.

Clio Campus Sport 07
Okay...so they just arrived **Massive grin on my face**

The only problem i now think i will have is holding the bulb in...

currently there is the bulb, held in a black holder with a metal prong sticking out of either side. the prongs mean that you just twist the whole fitting into the back of the bulb cluster and bob's your uncle!

it would seem that bob is no longer going to be my uncle! coz i've got to find a new way of holding the bulbs in!

maybe i can make a few of the metal prong things myself? and attach then to the back of the bulb?

If anyone else has done a set of H7 HID's in a mk 2/3 clio pleeeasseeeee tell me how you got round this?

cheers!!

Last edited: