ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HI-FI ideas

S'trollin on size 7s
Hey folks,
I have just recently purchased a Bose Wave system and yeah I do think the quality is fairly good especially for the size of it, it packs a punch, but I cant help but feel there is something missing from the sound it produces.

the bass from it is too much to be able to listen to it at a decent volume, even at lower levels at night time I have visions of the neighbour gritting their teeth at the wall. If I could adjust it , it wouldnt be an issue but for some gay reason Bose decided to make it so you cannot alter any settings on it.
Saying that though it is part of the bass notes what it doesnt seem to produce, compared to my 13 year old Aiwa system which I feel sounds great still, but its packing up on me.

So I am now thinking of using the 30day Bose return period to look for a decent seperates system instead.
I have heard Cambridge Audio are fairly good and not too pricey?
Apart from that one brand I dont have a clue what Im looking for when it comes to a seperates system. I vaigly remember Wharfdale speakers been good years back.lol
I was wondering if theres any audio gurus that have any ideas of what road I need to go down.
And to be honest with you I'm not looking at spending the £500 that the Bose cost, cheaper and better would be ideal if possible.

Cheers

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If you mean the sound wave yes great bit of kit. You can change the EQ on your iPhone or iPod if that's what youre using to change the bass easily enough.

S'trollin on size 7s
No mate. dont even know what that is? lol Mines a Bose Wave system with DAB module. doesnt have any settings what so ever though.

Impreza Wagon
I've heard a few people complain about the lack fo adjustment and excessive bass. You can pick up some bargain seperates on eBay these days, I'm still running my trusty Kenwood/Technics setup which must be 20 years old!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Hi mate,

Ive got a Marantza MCR603. Its a great all-in-one, couple it up with some decent speakers (Ive got Monitor Audio BX2's) and you are on to a winner. Maybe a touch over the £500 mark, worth the extra though.

Its got DAB, connect it to ethernet and you have get napster, internet radio, last.fm etc. etc.. Also, if you've got any apple products like iPad, iPod, iPhone etc... you can stream music, youtube videos, pretty much anything to it from anywhere in the house...!

I use the napster app on the iPad, and play all my tunes through AirPlay.

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have Cambridge audio topaz am5 and gale speakers, cost about 290 in total around 2 years ago and really enjoyed them. Purchased from richer sounds who demo'd a range of speakers and amps for me at different price points so I could make an informed decision, in the end I went budget but they have been perfect (except the model up has a remote). Richer sounds also threw in some speaker cable and a Cambridge audio iPod dock which was good.

My advice would be to look on whathifi.com and check out what they say, also agree the comments about the zep being really good but I wanted separates