ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi and a dilemma

Clio 172 CUP
Hi everybody!

Im a notts Clio cup owner. It's me second after one a few years ago. Since I've had lotus Elise, evo 6 tvr chimera, 350z etc... I forgot how much fun these tthings are, and how much bang for buck you get and the frugality of the things! Now I'm stuck with a dilemma... It's my daily driver, but do i make it more hardcore or keep it standard and make it more immaculate. I already have lightweight seats, alu brackets, omp wheel, and harnesses. Should I keep it as it is (one of the last real hot hatches) or make it into a road racer. I probably won't have time to take it to track properly this year, but a stripped out car is fun and a little more 'special' feeling,

172 Cup, Volvo V70
Standard is the new modified LOL! In the same situation as you, I've come from an Elise Sport 160 and a Honda 2000, to a 172 Cup. The bodywork is immaculate. I've got new Renault dampers on with Sportline springs. I've put 182 seats in but kept the originals. There are braided brake lines on, with HC discs and DS2500 pads, for the track. I think these cars can swallow a lot of money for little return. Save the pennies, you'll probably move on in a couple of years anyway!