ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, advice/opinons please!

Hi there,

Came across these forums as I plan on buying a clio soonish & could do with your advice/opinions please!

Basically after a clio around the 3-3.5k max mark with the following:
2000 >
1.4 >
16v
met black
abs, e/w, pas

One thats sporty looking, pulls away nice, has fairly good fuel economy & is around ins grp 5.

From parkers & autotrader I am thinking of going along the lines of a 1.4 16v Si.

Do you believe this is a good choice or are there better alternatives to explore?

Thanks in advance!

Golf R/Leon FR
good choice fella the 1.4's are quite nippy, im sure you could pick up a mk2 ph2 for around £3.5k if you looked around

Garf172 said:
good choice fella the 1.4's are quite nippy, im sure you could pick up a mk2 ph2 for around £3.5k if you looked around

Cheers,

Where can I find some info on the various mks & phases as im not sure which is which!

Thanks

A Fast One!
gutja said:
Yeah, saw that earlier.

If I am going to get one its gotta be black :cool:

I currently have a 1.6 so going to 1.4 I want that extra poke that the 16v would give me! I think... :S

Do you reckon it would make much difference: 98bhp/16v vs 75bhp/8v ?

more than likely IMO! which is which in terms of the engines? from experience the engines that renault push out seem to be better in terms of performance than competitors as i remember my mates mk2 ph2 1.2 16v and that was pretty quick for a 1.2 compared to other 1.2's that i have been in so i'd assume that this goes for all the later clio engines.........

Alex

Spykee said:
more than likely IMO! which is which in terms of the engines? from experience the engines that renault push out seem to be better in terms of performance than competitors as i remember my mates mk2 ph2 1.2 16v and that was pretty quick for a 1.2 compared to other 1.2's that i have been in so i'd assume that this goes for all the later clio engines.........

Alex

Thanks,

Just gotta find one now!

1.4 16v dynamique
1.4 should be good, i'm very much in love with my new 1.4 16v dynamique, its suprisingly quick for such a small engine :D

yeah I wouldnt mind a dynamique- has the upgraded suspension right?

Just too much for me at the moment!

Any ideas as to where to look for the 1.4 16v Si I am after, Autotrader is where I usually look and theres only one in black with high miles :(