ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heyy peeps, Just a few pics & Q's bout my 2001 clio sport 1.2L

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
hey guys well heres a few pics of my car ive had it for about 2 months now :)

P021010_0243.jpg

P021010_0244.jpg

P091110_1256.jpg

P091110_1256_01.jpg

P091110_1257.jpg

P091110_1257_01.jpg

P091110_1257_02.jpg

There we go guys, i also have 3 key's scratches basterds like, they're massive! ill try to get the pics up another time got work here soon

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
who told you that? it says sport on the back, and in the vehicle reg. its a 1.2 16V, and questions were gonna come when i could think of a few smart ones, i have a question about what everyone is talking about on their cars. yanno the way everyone is talking about the model or something? 172/182 etc etc?? i dont understand what the crack is with that, cheers :D

LY R27
lol
the 2.0l mk 2 clios are called the 172 and 182 (supposedly boasting this much power) lol
a 1.2 isnt a sport
it would have sports interior, sports alloys, sports kit etc etc

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
aww what a basterd, i was bluffing with that shizz, eh what can ya do, but aye cheers rock, well apart from that, anything i can do to it? beginer style upgrades?

Black Clio GT
start by taking the sport badge off, new parcel shelf, standard gear knob, lower a touch, some 15" f1 alloys, silver visions, clear side repeaters then good clean and polish.
then maybe start thinking about a cup spoiler and colour coding....

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
cheers syko, and mat, keep em comin sure :D im on a minimal budget until after christmas, im sure we can all relate to that, but aye cheers :D

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
who told you that? it says sport on the back, and in the vehicle reg. its a 1.2 16V, and questions were gonna come when i could think of a few smart ones, i have a question about what everyone is talking about on their cars. yanno the way everyone is talking about the model or something? 172/182 etc etc?? i dont understand what the crack is with that, cheers :D

It probably is a clio sport... a 1.2 sport. not a Renaultsport.
172/182 are Renaultsport 2.0ltrs :)

Hyundai i40
i know its got the sport badge but didnt they do a clio 'sport' not to be confused with 'renaultsport'?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
a pair of ph2 lights would set the rear end off aswell as removing the sport badge also a good clean and polish with some black magic on the trim

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ the n00bs arguing.

It's a Sport. It's not a Renaultsport. End.

The 'Sport' range includes more than the Renaultsport models. For example, a 1.2 16v Dynamique is in the 'Sport' range.

That 'Sport' badge isn't standard though.

LY R27
its ok buck,
just dont get drawn into buying things just for the sake of modifying.
save up for a little bit longer to get a quality product
and dont waste on them chav things that are "essential" in the eyes of first time modders, ie tax disc holders, neons, steering wheels etc etc

as said before
subtleness is the key tbh, colour code as much as you can, lower it a tad to get rid of the arch gap, and some renault sport alloys.
try to stay with OEM renault parts as much as possible and your on to a goodun :)

hope this helps
BROCKY

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
ah so its just a clio? it seems alot nippier than a usual clio...and i spent more on insurance or what than i should have? if so can i get my money back lmao?

Last edited:
  LY R27
its a 16v so insurance is alot more than the 1.2 8v, a huge factor that i was looking at when getting my first car
and suposedly a "15bhp" difference from "60-75"

LY R27
but dont get my wrong, my insurance 1st year was REDICULOUS! wanting 3k the cheapest i could find anywhere

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you're going to put something in CAPS, at least spell it correctly. lol.

It's two groups higher, the 16v.

No idea why, they're both effortlessly slow.

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
hey chris so my car is a "1.2 16v Sport, Mk2 Ph1. " yeah my insurance was 2,100! gotta pay 135 a month dammit, part time work, aint easy as it sounded at the begining :L

Hyundai i40
If you're going to put something in CAPS, at least spell it correctly. lol.

It's two groups higher, the 16v.

No idea why, they're both effortlessly slow.

yeah compared to a 2.0 for a young lad starting out, its plenty fast enough

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
hey chris so my car is a "1.2 16v Sport, Mk2 Ph1. " yeah my insurance was 2,100! gotta pay 135 a month dammit, part time work, aint easy as it sounded at the begining :L

Yeah, insurance is a c*nt. I pay £400 to insure my modified 182, so I feel you pain. ;) Nah, seriously though mate, it'll get better after the first year.

yeah compared to a 2.0 for a young lad starting out, its plenty fast enough

Patronising much? lol.

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
lol ive had speed, 500cc on a bike was fast enough lol, but yeah i do appreciate all the help guys, think ill save to colour code first? is that just making the whole car flush i.e, all blue? making all the black parts, and silver parts flush blue? not really up to speed on the terms xD followed by alloys, and a bit-o-lowering? good start? cheers :D

LY R27
so make everything the same colour, and then maybe have the renault diamond and "renault" and "clio" painted a different colour totally, maybe black or blue or orange, etc etc

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
wheres the questions then?
and also it isnt a sport
sports clios only come in 2.0l 16v

No they didn't.

That is definitley not a renault sport mate

He never said it was. Its a Clio 1.2 Sport. From the Sport Range.

Sorry to break the bad news, but someone has just stuck a sport badge on the rear from Halfords!

They have but its fine, because its a Renault Clio 1.2 16v Sport.

lol
the 2.0l mk 2 clios are called the 172 and 182 (supposedly boasting this much power) lol
a 1.2 isnt a sport
it would have sports interior, sports alloys, sports kit etc etc

Do I have to say it again?

Stripped yozza'd cup
so make everything the same colour, and then maybe have the renault diamond and "renault" and "clio" painted a different colour totally, maybe black or blue or orange, etc etc

You can paint things whichever colour you like mate, but the term 'colourcoding' means painting the black plastic bits on your car, the same colour as the rest of the bodywork, silver in your case.

There's quite a few people that have turned their 1.2's and 1.4's etc into renaultsport (172 and 182) replicas. Have a look through. or maybe search for '172 rep'.

2001 Clio Sport 1.2
wow cheers guys, at the start of this post i thought i was f**ked, but yanno knowing you guys can finally understand i have a CLIO SPORT and not a RENAULT SPORT means alot, and i didnt know what colour coding or whatever it was is, i do now, and i shall defo get that seen to, any idea much it would cost to get my whole car resprayed a different colour? or get the black bits resprayed silver? cheers guys and i do appologise for being NEWBISH!! yes.. its hard to admit but i am :L

Bux

Golf GTD
wow cheers guys, at the start of this post i thought i was f**ked, but yanno knowing you guys can finally understand i have a CLIO SPORT and not a RENAULT SPORT means alot, and i didnt know what colour coding or whatever it was is, i do now, and i shall defo get that seen to, any idea much it would cost to get my whole car resprayed a different colour? or get the black bits resprayed silver? cheers guys and i do appologise for being NEWBISH!! yes.. its hard to admit but i am :L

Hi mate, sorry for everyone else, they just like to be politically correct all the time :p

Yes you have a Clio Sport 1.2, which as far as i know is the normal Phase 1 but with a Phase 2 interior, but Renault still called it the 'Sport'.
Colour coding as basically getting the black plastic bits on your car sprayed so they match the rest of the car's paintwork. (front and rear bumpers + sidestrips).

TBH i wouldnt bother getting the whole car sprayed, it would be a waste of money if you ask me. It looks nice enough as it is. Although I do have to admit im not a fan of the spoiler :eek:

aww what a basterd, i was bluffing with that shizz, eh what can ya do, but aye cheers rock, well apart from that, anything i can do to it? beginer style upgrades?

beginer style upgrades.lol. buckfizz the amount of money you would spend trying to get your clio to look like a 172/182 you would be better off not touching it ,gain some no claims on your insurance and save the money and just buy a renaultsport clio. you will only keep wishing it was one.:)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's a Clio 1.2 16v Sport. End of. As someone said has a PH2 interior, and usually duel optics, and the 16v engine. A Friend has one, and they are slightly quicker than the 8v too!

Anyway, colour code would be a good first step chap!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ph2 interior will just be a parts bin match up I'd imagine Jason, I'm so unhappy that you, 'topher and Daniel came in here and did some schooling... After the first few posts I was raging and ready to correct the "think-they-know-it-all's". Damnit.

Not a bad first car, the spoiler leaves something to be desiered... I'd personally get the 6x9's covered over, but that's me.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ph2 interior will just be a parts bin match up I'd imagine Jason, I'm so unhappy that you, 'topher and Daniel came in here and did some schooling... After the first few posts I was raging and ready to correct the "think-they-know-it-all's". Damnit.

Not a bad first car, the spoiler leaves something to be desiered... I'd personally get the 6x9's covered over, but that's me.

I've got one for sale, without holes. You can make a stealth shelf if you are going to keep them. ;)