ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitation help!!

172 cup
Hi guys

My car has a weird problem when cold. its started off by feeling like the engine was braking, almost like i was driving with the handbrake on. this was mainly in first and second and went away when the car warmed up. now i have noticed in second it really hesitates around 3000 rpm bit like a miss fire, agian seems to get better when the car warms up. any ideas as im getting a bit worried if i brought a lemon

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Believe it or not it is not normal!

It is most likely a fault with the H02 heater element or the CTS but really a diagnostic session would confirm/deny it.

Mick

172 cup
well im not sure if its linked but i did change the thermostat a few weeks back, could this have caused it?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It shouldn't no as the stat is a regulator of coolant temp and at cold it won't make a difference. Diagnostics and a peek at the live data should answer this one.

Mick

Believe it or not it is not normal!

It is most likely a fault with the H02 heater element or the CTS but really a diagnostic session would confirm/deny it.

Mick

Well, how about that.
It sounds exactly like mine is when it's cold and it has always done it. :S

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
From new? Doubtfull - Get it checked mate cos hesitation, poor running and general lack of go at cold isn't right.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Mine does it as well. I have to press the pedal down loads more sometimes to get the same response in first and second.

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Mine is exactly the same, and i get a EML light every now and then, code reader says its the lambda but my diagnostic software says its the post-cat lambda, and since i have a decat i figured it was just that throwing a wobble...

MicKMP: Are you the guy that offers a 'proper' diag session with a 'scope and such? If so, how busy are you? ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mine is exactly the same, and i get a EML light every now and then, code reader says its the lambda but my diagnostic software says its the post-cat lambda, and since i have a decat i figured it was just that throwing a wobble...

MicKMP: Are you the guy that offers a 'proper' diag session with a 'scope and such? If so, how busy are you? ;)

Yep, we do a full diagnostic and the scope is one of many tools we employ. When were you thinking?