ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!!

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio
Right, i got into my car this morning and drove to a pub for lunch, everything fine.
Came back out of the pub a few hours later, and iv got 2 lights on my dash!

One directly under the petrol sign (like a square box with a curly wire underneath) and one to the bottom right of the speedo which is like an orange rectangle??

Had a look at my manual and the curly wire sign is apparenly a preheating/ electronic fault OR water in the fuel
And the other one is said to be atoxic fume warning light?

Can anyone please shed some info on this?
What is causing these lights to appear?
Can i drive it?

Cheers

Da

Less
What clio is it, a mk2 ph2 goes a long way? ;)

It sounds like an electrical gremilin to be honest, the toxic warning light usually means either one of the sensors is 'dirty' or the CAT may have a fault.
As for the other light that generally means an electrical fault has been detected, now these could be linked or they could be two separate problems.

Da

Less
Yes it's driveable but obviously the faults need looking at in depth.

1.2's are renowned for electrical gremlins although yours is one of the later models so may not be affected.