ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help

clio mk1 ph1
i insured my car a couple of months a go, had my first crash when i pulled out at a junction and t-boned a womens car, the damage on my car is fine just needs a new head light, but hers is badly dinted on the drivers door and scratched all down the o/s,

when i insured my car it was tpft and a sed i had no modifacations,n i do... when i crashed into the women i told her i didnt want it to go through my insurence, is this the right thing to do? or if i claimed on my insurence would the insurence people have a look at my car? and void my insurence becuse of supply faulse infomation. please help thanx

172 mk2 Iceberg
well what mods do you have ?
any thing you can remove just in case ?
can you afford to pay all her costs yourself ?

clio mk1 ph1
no i cant affor to pay for her car all in 1 but i work at a garage tht has a body shop and i can get it cheapish n pay it of weekly but it will still be about a grand.

the modifications a i have are. tinted rear windows. k and n, spoiler,alloys,sills and lowered, i bort th car like that so i cant put th old stuff back on.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If your car doesn't need repairing through your insurance you should be ok . Think yourself lucky , now declare your mods ,next time you might not be so lucky .Its entirely up to you how you get her car repaired . Either way its going to cost you .

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Well here we see - time and time again people lying on their insurance and then getting into bother. Next time you'll tell them the f**king truth eh. Its not big and its not clever. Wake up.

Lecture over, I suggest you now call the woman and tell her which garage you are hoping to get the work done at. It would be advisable to be very nice to her as if she says "no, I want it done through the insurance" you're fucked.

Once you've arranged to get the car in, get it sorted and get it resolved. You'll need to arrange a pay weekly/monthly scheme with your local bodyshop to pay off the work.

You'll get no sympathy on here and you don't deserve it but hopefully you'll learn from this.

Da

Less
lol, oh and by the way if the woman has your reg she can quite easily decide to claim on insurance without you even knowing. All she has to do is provide your reg to her insurance and you're screwed!

All you can hope is that they don't want to look at your car.

I wouldn't claim for yours as that's what they'll do - you'd have to take the hit and pay for yours yourself. With luck they'll just assess hers if she's claiming off you.

Though if you'd been honest in the first place you wouldn't have this worry now! Lesson learnt!