ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with tow strap bolt

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi there,

Im just doing a thread to find out what size bolt I need. I know its a M16 bolt but im not sure on what length it will be, could anyone help with this as I need to buy one so i can fit the tow strap when it comes.

Thanks

Audi A5
I really don't think it matters that much as long as its in by say 3cm.

I also have a couple bolts that can be used, ill send them for a £5 each pm if you want one.

Its cool mate cheers :) I picked up a pair of M16 bolts from wilco-motosave today for 1.99 :) 55mm length is about spot on from what I can see as I have tightened it all the way in :)

Clio 172
My next door neighbour is an engineer, he will drill it no problem, he's made quite a few rear braces for the lads over on RS megane along with lowering the recaro seat mounts by 43mm, when their sprayed up you would not know they are not factory made,

Clio 172
I've had a strap in the garage for ages that I was going to use on my R26.R but never used it, after looking at it its a 13mm hole in it which is why after finding out its a 16mm thread I've took it round to him.