ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with clio 172 loud noise and bad shake & vibrate drive shart wheel bearing ??

Clio 172
Hell all i have bought a clio 172 (non cup)

Drives in a straight line fine and can turn right 100% fine but soon as you go anywhere near a left hand turn at all there is a very harsh vibrate in the drivers front corner, EG when the wheel bolts have been left lose, No i have had a look and the other guy i bought it off had a new drive shaft fitted along with track control ends, lower ball joints, but its still there i am going crazy with it

Now what i dont know is could it be the wheel bearing ? there is no play in it and it will only do it with pressue on the wheel as i had it on a ramp driving it in gear on lock ect and its fine, also im unsure what shaft has been fitted, Yes its new but been led to belive there is some diffrent ones and maybe be the wrong one

If anybody could point me in correct direction before i buy loads of things i dont even need ;)

Also been told it could be the diff in gearbox but im a little lost why it would only do it on left turning

Clio 172
Re: Help with clio 172 loud noise and bad shake & vibrate drive shart wheel bearing ?

Fair play, but think they may of fitted the drive shaft to try sort the problem :( its a pain I know that as I need to used the car daily so need her sorted asap
There is no play in anything that I can see and no signs of things hitting or rubbing, its on H&R coilovers which it is low but not silly low

Clio 172
Re: Help with clio 172 loud noise and bad shake & vibrate drive shart wheel bearing ?

Im in east sussex, who is there my way thats well up on there clios??

Clio 172

How would i know if its had a genuine renault driveshaft fitted ? any numbers ect to look for ??