ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with annoying noise

172cup/ insignia
This morning i got to work to find i had a flat tyre so had to use that stupid tyre weld rubbish (luckly tyre was quite worn) and since using the tyre weld i have had a loud grinding/whirring noise(hard to explain)which is intimitant when breaking. Any ideas guy at my local garage said give it a few days maybe a week and see if it stops. But the guy dusnt know what it is . Also car has had new pads just before i bought it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Change the tyre, driving around with tyre weld is a short term fix at the road side. Go from there.... How long where you driving it flat? Could be a wheel bearing.... Either way you're going to need to change the tyre, so start there.

172cup/ insignia
iv got the new tyre on now got it done about 10 minutes after i put tyre weld in. The noise is only when im at slow speed and braking gently and accelerating gently and its intermitant sounds like its growling definatley from the rear of the car. Car is fan when at normal driving speeds like 30 50 60 etc

172cup/ insignia
are they easy to change? Only makes the noise at very low speeds like when crawling up to the traffic lights under 10mph mainly

350z, Subaru Legacy
I've generally replaced them at the same time as disks - and only ever the rear ones. You say you're driving around on tyre weld at the moment?! :dead:

172cup/ insignia
No tyre weld now got a new tyre about 10 minutes after using the tyre weld. The noise has gone now, will have to keep a eye on it and get it booked in as soon as i can