ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a drivetrain problem

Clio 172
I've had my Clio a while now (not working) finally decided to sort it out.
Ok so from square one. I bought the car and when I got home it lost drive, made a grunching noise like it wasn't in gear. Also noticed when I changed gear one of the times on the way home my clutch pedal stuck to the floor for a second. First of all I thought it was the circlip, removed shaft and all was well. So then I reset the clutch pedal still the same. I replaced the off side driveshaft, still no luck.

I've tried all that first as they were the easiest and cheapest. My guess now is thrust/release bearing. Anybody else got any ideas before I rip the engine out?

Also I have since checked and if I fully release the clutch it drives, as if its OK. But the noise is bone chilling lol. Also had a smell of burning clutch

renault clio 1.4 16v
Cluch could be at fault, not much to it but to rip it out and have a look, might be woth checking the gear linkage is set up properly and isnt bent or something.... but if the cluch it sticking and smelling bad then thatcis likely to be your problem...

There are a few threads on removing the box from the side, but if u have a engine hoist then its probably faster to take the whole lump out and work on it on the bench.