ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! What bucket seats!?!

Clio 172 Cup
Having a massive struggle choosing seats for my 172 cup, the cars only going to be used for Hillclimbs, sprints and track days.

Choices are between -

Recaro Profi SPG -
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...ats/Recaro_Profi_SPG_Fibreglass_Seat/1761/992

Sparco Evo -
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...es/Seats/Sparco_Evo_Fibreglass_Seat/1761/1435

Corbeau Revolution -
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...s/Corbeau_Revolution_KevlarGRP_Seat/1761/5631

Just looking for some general advice on Comfort, fit and how well they hold you in if anyone has had experience with these?

Thanks, Liam

Sunflower Ph1 172
I'd avoid tweaks unless you can get a serious discount. Corbeau gets my vote, I had the more budget sprint seats, and was a really snug fit.

Clio 172 Cup
Haha yeah i've been well informed to steer clear of tweaks! Just the only place i could find good examples! I'll be getting them from Clark Motorsport, they are pretty reasonable and can always find me the cheapest stuff in anything i've bought for the car so far!

I'm quite a small guy, 30" waist at the most, i'm wanting something really snug, are the SPG'S a real tight fit?

182 Cup
Yes mate, the SPG's are a slim fit. Mine have shown no sign of any wear in the 3 years I've had them either. Not much padding in the arse area though.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fletcher is the man to speak to about the revolution iirc he rates them. Have a look at Cobra seats too.

Hai.

I have a Carbon Kevlar Revoution fitted, great seat TBH.
5532397425_bb7762f288_z.jpg

IMG_7151 by fletcher10, on Flick

5672945796_e3925bea8a_z.jpg
[/url]
IMG_7214 by fletcher10, on Flickr

;)

Clio 172 Cup
That revolution looks sick fitted!! Does it hold you in pretty well yeah?

Inferno, do you have any pictures you can link me to of you're spg's fitted?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That revolution looks sick fitted!! Does it hold you in pretty well yeah?

Inferno, do you have any pictures you can link me to of you're spg's fitted?

Yeah, the seat is very deep, and a nice snug fit for me and my 32" waist.

With the 4 point harnesses I don't move at all, bloody great when pushing it on fast road/ track.

Megane 225 F1
Have sat in the EVOs and I was very comfy. Not sure what they were like to drive with mind, I was just trying them out in a shop.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Pole positions are lovely but if you are over 6ft ish the harness holes may be to low. Had cobra suzukas in mine when I bought it and there were very supportive but a bit to snug for me. Got sparco evo 2 now and very happy with them. Very comfy as well

172 cup
My last set of buckets were carbon fibre corbeau revolutions.They were pretty expensive but very comfortable for a fixed bucket.Im not sure they still make the carbon fibre ones anymore but its the same shell for the carbon/kevlar & grp ones anyway I think.Only niggle for me was that im right in between standard and excel width with neither been quite right.

Cheers Ross.

172 cup
^^^Corbeau do still do the revolution, revenge in carbon Kevlar carbon fibre etc..

Just looked on demon thieves and your right,last time I looked (couple of years back now) everywhere sold the kevlar/carbon and the grp revolutions but nobody listed the carbon fibre version although the revenge was available in carbon.Maybe a shortage from Corbeau at the time or something?

Cheers Ross.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Yeah im going down to Demon tweaks to have a try in them all this weekend anyway to see what ones i prefer! There's absolutely nothing up this way that will have them all in one place to try out so it's the only option, bit of a drive from Aberdeen but if i'm spending that money on seats i want to be sure they are comfortable/hold me in really well!