ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat subframes for buckets

172 ph1
how much japarker my friend?

cheers martin il look in that...roughly how much were they new?

172 ph1
i just can't understand how it works as ive never done it before?

the car now has 4 holes in the floor so what do i need to buy so i have two seats that go forward and back?

It's pretty simple mate.

Subframe bolts to the floor. The bolts go through those 4 holes you can see and you do them up from underneath.

And the seat you've linked, which is a base mounted seat will bolt straight to the subframe. You will probably have to bolt the seat to the subframe first though (like I did) as once the subframe is already in there's no access to do the bolts up for the seat.

If you then want a slider, this bolts to the bottom of the seat first. Then bolts to the subframe. Then you bolt the subframe to the floor.

172 ph1
It's pretty simple mate.

Subframe bolts to the floor. The bolts go through those 4 holes you can see and you do them up from underneath.

And the seat you've linked, which is a base mounted seat will bolt straight to the subframe. You will probably have to bolt the seat to the subframe first though (like I did) as once the subframe is already in there's no access to do the bolts up for the seat.

If you then want a slider, this bolts to the bottom of the seat first. Then bolts to the subframe. Then you bolt the subframe to the floor.

legend cheers bud...any idea where i will manage to get a subframe and slider that will fit both the seat and my car?

legend cheers bud...any idea where i will manage to get a subframe and slider that will fit both the seat and my car?

Popular subframes are OMP and Cobra X-Low. As long as you select the Clio 1*2 subframe it will definitely fit. You may need washers under one side to make them perfectly straight depending on what carpet and bumpstops you're keeping in. I have the OMP ones. I'll actually be selling them in the next few weeks (going for motorsport weld in rails).

Sliders are generally all the same. You just need to make sure the fixing points on them measure up with fixing points under your seat. I don't think you'll need sliders to be honest. Unless you'll have people getting in and out the back? But even then I'm not entirely sure they'll even move enough for that.

172 ph1
Well il buy them then if I can somehow fit those sparco seats to them!

Only reason being, me and my two brothers will be driving the cars and we are all different heights.

Well il buy them then if I can somehow fit those sparco seats to them!

Only reason being, me and my two brothers will be driving the cars and we are all different heights.

Both myself and my dad drive my car. He's not as tall as me but we've never had any problems.

Sliders are easy to sort anyway to be honest if you're sure you want them. Just more cost though and a raised seating position.