ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help thirsty 1.2 16v

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my 1.2 16v is doin about 30mpg and i cant work out why, its costin me a fortune in fuel.

would a oil change make a difference to this?

its roughly the same as a 206 gti consumption wise.:dapprove:

any help would be nice

A Beautiful R32
see, I had this friend who once said to me "my mini isn't very economical think I'm gonna take it in to get looked at"... I asked her how she drove it, she said "well I hit 120 on the motorway this morning but mainly just cruised at 110"... I nearly fell off my chair... so, how are you driving your car matey!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i drive sensibly i dont rag it i hav my 205 4 the tit like driving moments.thought they were ment to be economical

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
never red lined it, its completely standard. cud do with a service tbf but the 205 is off the rd atm so it will hav to wait

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
mate, mine only does 29 mpg, but mine is tuned up so i dunno?? take it to renault jus to get it checked over!

ive got a 1.4 16v it does no less than 37mpg around town and 45 plus on a run.try new plugs this usually helps ,dont get cheapos.

A4 Avant & A3
Hel.. my old 2002 1.2 dynamique used to get 45mpg when driving to & from work and pottering around..

I get around 36mpg from my 172 cup!

If your not ragging the living crap out of it everywhere you go, i'd say get it looked at!

www.renparts.co.uk
in my 1.4 16v

If i drive to work carefully (when im skint) i get 50+ mpg
If i drive normally (revving to about 3.5k in each gear) i get about 40 mpg
and ragging it i get about 35.. thats near limiter in every gear and engine brakeing etc...

Golf GT TDi 130
the only time i get about 30mpg in my 1.2 16v is when its getting thrashed. not that that happens very often! yours could just be running rich for some reason, best get it checked out.

ST
Bloody hell 30mpg in a 1.2 16v....i always got around 36-38mpg in mine...now get 28-30mpg in my 182....

16vClio said:
Bloody hell 30mpg in a 1.2 16v....i always got around 36-38mpg in mine...now get 28-30mpg in my 182....
Depedns hwo you drive but I don't think I'm t hard and get about 30mpg.

ST
I guess so mate, tho when the weather gets better i'll prob be getting a a bit less mpg in the 182.....i've been taking it really easy since i got it, except from the 1st 25 miles as you said in a thread that it should be thrashed from day 1.....

16vClio said:
I guess so mate, tho when the weather gets better i'll prob be getting a a bit less mpg in the 182.....i've been taking it really easy since i got it, except from the 1st 25 miles as you said in a thread that it should be thrashed from day 1.....
Thrash it all the time and it will get quicker and freer reving. High milage Renault engines are particularly prone to this for some reason a 50k lightly driven vs hard drive the hard driven will be quicker.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cheers, ive found if i keep it at like 3k it uses less fuel.goin to book it in to a peugeot garage 2 mo( only because i work there n get labour cheap)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I know Has had a simerlar problem which was put down to a cracked Throtle body.

He had loads of problems getting this sorted, but once it was all fixed it seemed to work fine.