ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! - Struggling when cold!!!

Hi,

Im really hoping that others have suffered the same issue with thier Clio 182 as I am currently. I've had my 182 (which im really happy with) for 2 months now and it is a cracking car BUT when its cold, it really struggles to pull away!??

However, after 2 minutes it feels like the choke kicks in and then its perfect!??

When it comes to mechanical issues - im rubbish, im not mechanically minded so any advice - PLEASE, regardless how small would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Black Gold Trophy
its normal mate, they all do it. Rev limiter also cuts in early, I've heard (unsure on how accurate this is) that its a safety feature to prevent you ragging it while the oil is still cold.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
as above, this restriction can be removed with the rstuner kit or a remap, but its common on unmapped renaults :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Normal. The 1st few minutes is to get through emmission tests, the reduced limiter stays on for about ten minutes.