ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help ! rs tuner problems ASAP

AB Clio 182 FF
hey all , have a big problem , i have an rs tuner just tried using it for the first time on my 182, i have unlocked it etc,

so i read my ecu 8000 and cal files and saved them , then i clicked write ecu and picked the update file 8200 that was all fine everything worked ,
i then tried to load the cal overrun file which was sent to me by a richo a cs member , it came up with an error saying it did not write , now evrything under the ecu information is at 00000 value , car wont start , and when i try and write my original files or the 8200 file , i get acquiring security access to ecu , then it says ERROR , could not obtain security access to ecu, make sure the engine is switched off (ignition on ) and the vehicle temp is below 50 which it is ,

someone please help :(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Have a look for Doncaster_K9's recent post on the matter. He had the same issue.

Dodgy file I believe.

172 cup
Had the same issue before, the cal files are locked to each unit or ecu now not sure how or which, you need to buy them! I know your saying you've tried this but this is what I had to do, Do a full ECU write of your original ECU software saved before you started to get her going again. If that dosn't work he must of written more security features into the software to stop people getting cals for free etc

AB Clio 182 FF
Had the same issue before, the cal files are locked to each unit or ecu now not sure how or which, you need to buy them! I know your saying you've tried this but this is what I had to do, Do a full ECU write of your original ECU software saved before you started to get her going again. If that dosn't work he must of written more security features into the software to stop people getting cals for free etc

thats the thing it wont let me put the original on either it, just comes up with security error still

AB Clio 182 FF

Also i sent some 172 maps to len_beach yesterday and they worked on his car :S

AB Clio 182 FF
Very strange one, of course theres always the chance its killed your ECU

do not say this :(

and what would be the process of fixing this , can i buy a 2nd hand 1 or does it have to be reprogrammed .

and dont see how though i did everything as i should , all i did was try loadin the cal file , it verified it was the correct 1 but right at the end said write failed :(

172 cup
Second hand ECU, UCH & keys (all from same vehicle) would be what you need to get her going again if its fried

AB Clio 182 FF
Second hand ECU, UCH & keys (all from same vehicle) would be what you need to get her going again if its fried

cheers mate , really has pi**ed me off lol , i dont understand what has happened , if like you say henk has updated software to the maps so they are locked to tuner or ecu etc , then surely he wouldnt make it where it fries your ecu lol , i cant see anywhere on the site where it says you MUST buy the maps off me or else ur ecu will be fried lmao

AB Clio 182 FF
You had a look here Ross?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?625898-RS-Tuner-Problem-Assistance-required-ASAP

Drop Phil (Doncaster_K9) a pm too as he might have the same files you need.

yes mate he kinda has the same problem but he doesnt have the security error problem , which is my problem i can't do nothing at all write or read ecu as it jus wont go past the security bit fails everytime , not sure whats up with it , dont know wether the overrun files i got of richo (which i actually paid him for ) are dodgy (not his fault im sure ) , all i get is when i try to put my originals back on , on the verify software bit is
0000-0000
8000-7204
NOT OK CAUTION
and then fails the security

would have to happen to me , when i was gettin all excited about hearing the pops lmao :(

Dodgy one
Wrong map for the car i thinks, The overrun maps not avaliable for 182s is it? The original source is the best ie henk not using other peoples maps

Evo 8 MR
Have you tried removing it completely, locking and unlocking and then trying to connect again?

If you can get it to load your original .rst file you're back on track.

The reason the .cal file hasn't worked is because it's likely not the correct one for your car, email henk and he'll send you the correct file. It's to do with the vehicles VIN number.

AB Clio 182 FF
Have you tried removing it completely, locking and unlocking and then trying to connect again?

If you can get it to load your original .rst file you're back on track.

The reason the .cal file hasn't worked is because it's likely not the correct one for your car, email henk and he'll send you the correct file. It's to do with the vehicles VIN number.

i av tried everything mate , even disconnecting battery for 30 mins etc , have received a response from henk this morning , asking for some screenshots , so have sent them across . hopefully it don't take another day for a response lol

AB Clio 182 FF
Can you post up the name of the cal. File which is meant to be bad?

CAL FILE-Clio 182 EL 1931 8200_7804_Decat_Overrun_RON98_0411.cal
RST FILE-RSTuner_8200_7804_OEM.rst

I wish i had jus tried the 98 ron map you sent me glenny , instead of wanting to be a chav wiv pops and bangs lol

AB Clio 182 FF
A few screenshots that i sent to henk :

rstuner 1.png
rstuner 2.png
rstuner 3.png
rstuner 4.png

Clio 182 FF
Not got an RS tuner but experienced in low level flashing devices. You said you disconnected battery for 30 mins and still nothing? Make sure you've checked connection between ECU and the RStuner sounds its either one of two things. 1. connection is bad and needs the connectors to be reseated. If it was me I'd take ecu out of the car and leave for 30mins to an hour so that theres no charge in it at all, remove everything connected to car, restart laptop (could be a dogey port in windows being a t**t, try another laptop if possible) and plug it all back in and try again. 2. the ECU has nothing written on it which means you will need to install firmware another way without RSTuner checking for different requirements before going ahead.

Like I said haven't dealt with ECUs a lot before but flashed lots of things, Xbox 360 drives are normally fussy as hell so cant see ECUs being as bad as them lol. Try what I said and report back :)

Cheers,

Kurt

AB Clio 182 FF
Not got an RS tuner but experienced in low level flashing devices. You said you disconnected battery for 30 mins and still nothing? Make sure you've checked connection between ECU and the RStuner sounds its either one of two things. 1. connection is bad and needs the connectors to be reseated. If it was me I'd take ecu out of the car and leave for 30mins to an hour so that theres no charge in it at all, remove everything connected to car, restart laptop (could be a dogey port in windows being a tw*t, try another laptop if possible) and plug it all back in and try again. 2. the ECU has nothing written on it which means you will need to install firmware another way without RSTuner checking for different requirements before going ahead.

Like I said haven't dealt with ECUs a lot before but flashed lots of things, Xbox 360 drives are normally fussy as hell so cant see ECUs being as bad as them lol. Try what I said and report back :)

Cheers,

Kurt
hi mate
Have disconnected the rs tuner from the car several times, laptop gets turned off everytime i switch between the car an taking it in the house as the battery dont work so everytime i un plug it , it dies lol .
suppose i could try removing the ecu for 30 mins , or like you say the ecu has nothing written on it , but dont know how i get around that lol
thanks

Clio 182 FF
Ah ok should be no issues there then. Just double check voltage of battery when you install ECU again. Thats all that I can think of that i would try :/ unless youve got another laptop handy?

AB Clio 182 FF
Ah ok should be no issues there then. Just double check voltage of battery when you install ECU again. Thats all that I can think of that i would try :/ unless youve got another laptop handy?

got another laptop but not sure if it will work dont know wether i would need another unlock code for the tuner

LY 182 & 200
I dont understand from your screenshots why it hasnt registered the update to the 8200 file :s.

Does this error message happen when you try to write a new rst. File?

AB Clio 182 FF
I dont understand from your screenshots why it hasnt registered the update to the 8200 file :s.

Does this error message happen when you try to write a new rst. File?

yes mate happens when i try writing rst or cal or even readin rst or cal (even though there is nothing to read lol ), If you look in the programming history part on screenshot 1 , you can see that it did register the 8200 rst , but then on tryin to put the cal file on , right near the end of the progress bar it came up WRITE VERIFICATION FAILED and then it all jus went wrong and did everything shown in the screenshots

AB Clio 182 FF
had an email back of henk today , he says his co-worker has got to write a new software build , so i have to be patient lol.

hopefully problem will be solved soon .

AB Clio 182 FF
Henk is an absolute god :) the car is back in action , all thanks to him :) , sent me the files i needed , got my original maps back on . woohoo :)
never known someone so helpful , really recommend him for anyone having problems with the rs tuner.

Just need to get an overrun map that actually works now lol :(

thanks to anyone who commented on this thread appreciate everyones help

clio 172 phase 2
Glad you sorted it bud hate that feeling when you dont know what the hell
Is goin with your car