ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP REQD! Splashed White Spirit on Car Paintwork :(

BMW F21 125d
Help!

By total accident, you wouldnt do this stuff on puropse, I have splashed white spirit over the back of my 182! White spirit was soaking paintbrushes on a shelf in my garage, I moved something else off the shelf and smash the jar containing the white spirit & brush was off, bounced off the bin and onto the floor, splashing the back of the 182 in the process!

Now, I wiped it off within a couple of minutes, and then washed my car and it looks to be ok ish, BUT is there anything I should do to the area it was splashed? Polish it, Panic...... :eek: White spirit is a paint thinner after all. :dapprove:

(Mods - Appologies for probable wrong thread location, needed immediate answer, please feel free to move)

white spirit's fine, although it won't have done any wax/etc any favours. paint/lacquer will be unaffected

It will have melted through any wax/LSP you have on the car.

Wash, polish, re-seal and wax.

Done.