ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP QUICKLY

Looking for a Clio Sport
Can anyone tell me what a flashing symbol that looks like the engine symbol in orange? there is a kind of smell as well

Looking for a Clio Sport
engine.gif

Mini Cooper S sport
Any other warning lights?

Could it be the alternator? Mine was smoking and giving off a horrible smell when it went..

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Hang on...start again. Engine warning light is on and it smells of hot oil would you say?

Does it feel down on power?

Looking for a Clio Sport
Hang on...start again. Engine warning light is on and it smells of hot oil would you say?

Does it feel down on power?

yes, seems like it was cutting out earlier from the rev point of view, then when the lass was away to drive down from her friends she said the engine light was flashing, plus when i went out to see there was a smell

Looking for a Clio Sport
im waiting on the engine cooling then ill do that, shouldnt the oil light come on tho when its low?

iv got some 10W-40 oil GTX magnatec would that do?

iv got a y reg clio car 2001

mine came on the other week and it lost power and was low on revs, then it smelt .. got the RAC out and turned out to be a coil pack

Looking for a Clio Sport
thats right, iv never checked the bleeding oil coz i could never find the dip stick. where is it on a clio 1.6 dynamique

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Coil pack is common on the Clio.

To be honest, oil level is the first thing i'd check just for safety sake but it sounds electrical.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
No idea where its located on a 1.6 buddy! Can't be too hard to miss though. Thing should be yellow topped for a start, and at the front or back of the block.

mine came on the other week and it lost power and was low on revs, then it smelt .. got the RAC out and turned out to be a coil pack

was it expensive to replace?

he charged me £40 pound and he did it there and then for me, maybe if your in the RAC or AA it might be worth getting them out, atleast they can tell you the problem and maybe get the part your self, i dont know much about cars so it might not be that in your case :) just thought i would mention it

Looking for a Clio Sport
would you believe it, iv been out there in the pouring rain and looked high and low and there isnt a dip stick pull yellow thing

does anyone on here own a 1.6 dynamique clio and no where the dip stick is situated?

Looking for a Clio Sport
Ok, i put a bit more oil in and we went for a little drive, the light came on when i went over 25 and it started flashing, then when i slowed down a bit it went off....i sped up and it came back on.
i went outside the car and it was spluttering and this also happened when i was driving it aswell.

there was a right bad smell of oil coming from either the exhaust or the engine