ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help.....Possibly Drivshaft!

Clio 172 Cup
I've been having some problems with my Clio over the weekend.

When im turning, theres a loud clicking noise coming from the left side, i thouch maybe cv joint.

Sometime (not all the time), the steering wheel wobbles like I have a flat tyre (under acceleration), but everything looks fine.

Has anyone got any idea what it could be?

New shaft? :S

2002 Clio 172
Sounds like the cv joint bud. I had the same problem. You can buy a complete shaft or just the cv joint, euro car parts sell a kit which includes the joint, boot clips grease and a new circlip. If memory serves it was about £40

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I have exactly the same issue on my cup and had one of the Shafts done that was showing Wear, but the issue still remains (Although it has improved) It looks like I may have to have the other shaft done, otherwise its a case of looking inside the gearbox on mine :(

A ANIMAL
Don't get a pattern part mate, go genuine renault as there are about 5 variations on the drive shafts for the 1*2 and europart etc only cover about 2. plus they are s**t. lol