ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! possible clutch / gearbox issue ?? clio 182

clio 182
Now then guys. Today i fitted a new thermostat and CTS which solved the issue surrrounding it. After this ( which i know isnt related ) when changing gear i the car seems to bang quite violently, this happens more when changing down gear, it certainly joults you in your seat! Also when setting off from standing at a junction etc it seems to bang and the car seems like its about to stall but dusnt. Not sure if its just me but the clutch feels heavier than normal at times ( i know the clutchs in the clio's are heavy being a clutch cable if im not mistaken )

any advice would be great people

cheers

Clio sport 182
Mines pretty much the same judging by your description.
im changing the cable this week to see if this cures it as mine is rather high but clutch doesn't slip.
And while in there am gunna grease the arm because that can dry out too

Arctic Blue 182
From reading other posts on here it would point towards your lower (dogbone?) mount having play and when you're pulling away the movement is making the exhaust manifold hit the subframe.